Pork Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
My wife is a St Louis gal so when I asked her what she wanted for Memorial Day she said pork steaks. Who was I to say no. 😁
Started off with a good coating of kosher salt and then back in the fridge for about a four o
hour nap. Brought them out, gave them a quick rinse, dry them off with a paper towel then a good coating of sweet heat rub.
8BA680E4-F51E-4A69-BD34-CDDBEAD27BF0.jpeg
Cooked them on the gas grill (Weber Genesis) with a oak chips and some hickory pellets in the wood tray.
Sauced them with Head Country Apple Habanero BBQ sauce.

B85CDEAB-96FB-4493-B751-CA1FC08AF019.jpeg
I didn’t get a picture of the plate, served up with her potato salad.
good eating tonight.

Last edited:
That looks so good. Are you cutting those steaks yourself? I know it’s a Texas thing but I’ve never seen that cut here in CA. I know folks rave about it.
Any grocery store that has butchers/ meat packer's these days will run a Boston butt through the bandsaw for you at the ask'in. And they will cut them down to any thickness that you'd like for free as long as you buy the meat there.

Lucky's, Food Max and Safeway all sell pork steaks in the here East Bay Area.

We eat pork steaks at least twice a month around here.:emoji_thumbsup:

We love those steaks, especially the ones that have the blade bone in them!
And yours look incredible!
Nicely done!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky