Pork Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Thought I would give Chopsaw's pork steaks a try.

First getting prepped with some drinks:

20211031_134548.jpg 20211031_134838.jpg

Marinade steak in Italian dressing. Tossed on the gasser. These got done a lot sooner than thought. Hour fifteen minutes. I should of pulled at a hour. Where a little over but still good. Been loving that roasted squash so thought would try pumpkin. Not the same but was good.

20211031_133454.jpg 20211031_162118.jpg

20211031_154559.jpg 20211031_162443s.jpg

This Lemon pie was incredible!

20211029_135957.jpg 20211029_174318x.jpg

Brian , they don't look over from here , they look perfect .
Nice work .

Looks like a great meal. If you're a Sangria fan, you should try the recipe below. You can make a full batch and add Fruit to your glass, um...Jar.😋...JJ
Smokin' Great SANGRIA!

In a Pitcher large enough to hold a Gallon plus Fruit, combine...
1C Brandy or more...cheapo E&J, Christian Bros.
1C Triple Sec...orange liqueur.
2C Apple Juice or Cider
2C Orange Juice...Fresh or Simply Orange
1-2 Sliced Oranges...Lemons and Limes, Optional.
1-2 Diced Apples
2 1/2Qt Red Wine...Riunite Lambrusco is my fav.

*NOTE* You will use most of the 3 Liter Bottle. Or if you have room, dump it all!

Additionally, if you choose a really Dry Red Wine, you may need to add a bit of Sugar. The Lambrusco is on the sweet side so no additional sugar is needed.
Mix well and CHILL WELL...I stick it in the Freezer for an hour or more.
"CAUTION" This goes down smooth and will kick your BUTT!

In a Pitcher large enough to hold a Gallon plus Fruit, combine...
1C Brandy or more...cheapo E&J, Christian Bros.
1C Triple Sec...orange liqueur.
2C Apple Juice or Cider
2C Orange Juice...Fresh or Simply Orange
1-2 Sliced Oranges...Lemons and Limes, Optional.
1-2 Diced Apples
2 1/2Qt Red Wine...Riunite Lambrusco is my fav.

*NOTE* You will use most of the 3 Liter Bottle. Or if you have room, dump it all!

A 3 liter bottle of what? The wine??

TIA

The original recipe uses 2-1/2 qt of Red Wine to fit a 1 gallon pitcher, with the other ingredients except the fruit. At the time I was using, Riunite Lambrusco, it came in 3 Liter Bottles, works great. The Red Wine I have been using more recently is a great tasting blend called...Delicious Red by Peter Vella. It is a 5L Box Wine. It's on the Sweet side, for Dry Red fans, but not overly sweet. It drinks well will any meal and is good for cooking in recipes where the little bit of sugar won't hurt. With a larger Drink Dispenser, see below, the Sangria ingredients and fruit all goes in and you just tap of what you wish to drink...JJ

Reactions: 1MoreFord
Brian that's a great looking meal. Those pork steaks look fantastic buddy!! Just one question though....why did you post pork steaks in the Grilling Beef sub forum?? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Brian that's a great looking meal. Those pork steaks look fantastic buddy!! Just one question though....why did you post pork steaks in the Grilling Beef sub forum?? :emoji_wink:

Robert
Think I had your steak on my mind. Took out some chuck eyes. Going to try to do your potatoes with them.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky