Pork spare ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hockeydudde

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 31, 2022
New Mexico
My wife spent all day waiting for baby goats (none came, they have us stumped) and pruning fruit trees so I had to keep myself busy.
Did a simple SPOG rub the night before and smoked in my offset with oak for about 3 hours. Didn't wrap, even for resting because I wanted nice bark. Doing it again, I'd wrap for the rest at least. The bark was CRUNCHY. Wife and I liked it, but it was a little hard for the kids.
Served with risotto and home made honey mustard ranch dressing on a simple salad. Dressing nearly stole the show. My wife makes it and she won't even tell me how to make it, claims she just "makes it up". 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20220220_232746771.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220220_232746771.MP.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20220220_233034183.jpg
    PXL_20220220_233034183.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20220220_234053521.jpg
    PXL_20220220_234053521.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 91
Great looking plate Hockeydude! Haha, it does look crunchy, but I’d definitely crush it. Great work!

Thanks all!
We are in New Mexico, so spring comes early, but we nearly always get a late hard freeze. I don't do pruning either smokerjim smokerjim , lol. Luckily my wife likes to do that kind of thing.
We have 7 does, so we started a bit early so we could space them out.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great job on the ribs! And a good looking plate!

Ryan

Wow, thanks for the feature!
And the compliments! Having more ribs for dinner tonight!
We have dairy goats, so no chevon for us BurntWeenie BurntWeenie .
Still no baby goats either! Seems like maybe tonight.

motocrash motocrash , yup! They are all still small, but we have apple, cherry, pear and mulberry (full grown but non-fruiting). Last year she just dropped them on the ground so the sheep could eat then, but no fruit like for the sheep this year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky