Pork shots, stuffed peppers, and shotgun shells

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Thank you for sharing! They look amazing, I’m definitely trying that!!! Big like for the effort and results!

Wow! Thank you for sharing! They look amazing, I’m definitely trying that!!! Big like for the effort and results!
Thank you! It turned out really good! Even nicer was getting time to smoke something!

Ryan

Nice job. Seems the Shotgun Shells have been around awhile. I've never seen them until Jeff's video popped up in my YTube suggestions. Now I've been seeing them pop up here and on YTube. Going to have to try them. Got two bags of those Mini Sweet Peppers waiting for me to fill them. Never had Pork Shots but they look good...JJ

Looking ahead to Super Bowl Sunday for finger foods. All three of these will fit the bill. First time in 30 yrs of nursing I have ever asked off for SB Sunday. And I did it this year. My son has really gotten into Football since hes been playing and asked if we were gonna watch the SB. How could I tell him no!?!?!
Jim

Nice job. Seems the Shotgun Shells have been around awhile. I've never seen them until Jeff's video popped up in my YTube suggestions. Now I've been seeing them pop up here and on YTube. Going to have to try them. Got two bags of those Mini Sweet Peppers waiting for me to fill them. Never had Pork Shots but they look good...JJ
Thank you! Two of the three we had never had but were really good and will be made again! Plus they can be customized to your own tastes! We love the stuffed mini peppers... it had been too long!
Great to hear from you! Hope things continue to improve for you!

Ryan

Reactions: chef jimmyj
The smoked shotgun shells recipe... looks interesting
They are really easy! I will start off by saying Jeff has a video on smokingmeat forum in case you still have any questions. Start with manicotti shells, then use any sausage of your choosing (more thoughts on that later). We used breakfast sausage, some plain, some was mixed with cream cheese from finishing the pork shots. Stuff about 1/3 of an end with meat, then flip over and stuff small pieces of cheddar or any cheese of your choosing in middle, then stuff remaining end of shell. Continue that till out of meat. Once all are stuffed, wrap with bacon... I tried to get both ends covered to keep ends from getting crispy. Then brush with bbq sauce. I smoked at 250 for 2 hours using pitmasters choice pellets. After 2 hours I recoated in bbq sauce then placed in 275 degree oven for 30 more minutes. I didn't start with enough pellets otherwise I would've finished in smoker.
I made these and went directly into the smoker because of the time of day. I believe Jeff recommended placing in fridge for a couple hours or overnight to give shells more time to soften.
Now another idea we had was maybe using hamburger and incorporate some marinara sauce with it. Or maybe adding some pizza sauce and pepperoni and going with a pizza theme. Or you could go with a mexican twist... so many options.

Ryan

Reactions: kilo charlie
All looks pretty darn good...
Thanks Rick, I appreciate it!

Looking ahead to Super Bowl Sunday for finger foods. All three of these will fit the bill. First time in 30 yrs of nursing I have ever asked off for SB Sunday. And I did it this year. My son has really gotten into Football since hes been playing and asked if we were gonna watch the SB. How could I tell him no!?!?!
Jim
Thanks Jim! Definitely makes for good finger food!
Nice job Ryan!
All you need to go with that is a few cold one’s!
Al
Thank you Al! No beers but was definitely some beverages consumed along with them!

Everything looks so good! Those pies look off the chart good.
Thank you Brian, it's appreciated! And those pies are really good!

Ryan

They are really easy! I will start off by saying Jeff has a video on smokingmeat forum in case you still have any questions. Start with manicotti shells, then use any sausage of your choosing (more thoughts on that later). We used breakfast sausage, some plain, some was mixed with cream cheese from finishing the pork shots. Stuff about 1/3 of an end with meat, then flip over and stuff small pieces of cheddar or any cheese of your choosing in middle, then stuff remaining end of shell. Continue that till out of meat. Once all are stuffed, wrap with bacon... I tried to get both ends covered to keep ends from getting crispy. Then brush with bbq sauce. I smoked at 250 for 2 hours using pitmasters choice pellets. After 2 hours I recoated in bbq sauce then placed in 275 degree oven for 30 more minutes. I didn't start with enough pellets otherwise I would've finished in smoker.
I made these and went directly into the smoker because of the time of day. I believe Jeff recommended placing in fridge for a couple hours or overnight to give shells more time to soften.
Now another idea we had was maybe using hamburger and incorporate some marinara sauce with it. Or maybe adding some pizza sauce and pepperoni and going with a pizza theme. Or you could go with a mexican twist... so many options.

Ryan

Thank you!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Ryan, man does that all look top notch! Well done my friend… and tell Mrs Brokenhandle those pies look phenomenal!

Thanks Justin, I appreciate it! And I'll tell her! That reminds me... still have 1/2 a slice left!

Ryan

Was gonna send ya a pm civilsmoker civilsmoker but figured I can do the same here... it's my thread anyways! Lol!
A knife our friend made for our 45th year rendezvous. And his son in law did the engraving

Resized952021100295115751.jpg

Resized952021100295115741.jpg

Thinking of doing a Damascus blade for our 50th. This knife was raffled off... my son in law won it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky