Pork Sausage - Yumm

Discussion in 'Pork' started by philh, Aug 8, 2014.

1. I didn't know where to post this. I didn't make this sausage so I didn't want to post it in the sausage forum. It is made out of pork so maybe it can go here since it is store bought.

This is the last of the sausage that I bought at Granzins Meat Market in New Braunfels Texas. That is about 250 miles from where I now live.

It is pork sausage that is lightly smoked. So it is not safe to eat until you cook it. Here is a pic of the raw sausage..

I will post more pics when it is done..

Boy those Germans know how to make tasty sausage.. [​IMG]

Phil

disco likes this.
  2. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Unless you are sure its cooked, always assume sausage needs cooking.

3. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ahhhh, we love smoked sausage.  I don't make it............yet.  Maybe never will, but I do enjoy it smoked WAY better than grilled. 

I just found out that our local Nugget Market makes a variety of sausage every day.  It is a bit out of the way for me but I'm going to have to try them out because Johnsonville Brats are starting to get too familiar.

Looking forward to the pics! 

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  4. red dog

red dog Smoking Fanatic

Dang I can't wait to see that all smoked up and mahogany brown!

5. Thanks guys.. I will be sure to post more pics. Probably in about 30 minutes or so. It smells so good.. lol

6. Here it is resting. Almost impossible to wait but it is much better with a little wait..

When I cut it I will post that pic.. lol

Phil

7. It is finally done. We ate and it was delicious. Here are the pics.

Here it is freshly sliced.

Freshly plated. Sliced sausage with charro beans, potato salad, coleslaw, sliced onion and BBQ sauce. Very tasty.

Thanks for looking.

Phil

noboundaries likes this.
  8. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

AND a big ol'slice of onion with it....... Oh yeah.

Looks great Phil. I always loved Fredricksburg, El Campo, New Brunsfels..... Is the water park still there? All those great German meals, and sausages! Those potato noodles, omw.

Great looking meal!

9. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Absolutely beautiful! 

Anyone noticed how you can have a smoking plan for the weekend, then someone posts yummy pics like PhilH and those plans change?  I was going to do only brined, boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs this weekend (SWMBO'd request).  I just added sausage to the menu for me.  Time to try out the fresh sausage at the Nugget.

Inspiring PhilH, inspiring.   

10. Thanks for the kind words. I lived at Canyon Lake for about 20 years. The water park is alive & thriving. They now have water parks all over the world.
    Thank you. I like good sausage every once in a while. Plus it is so easy to smoke..

Time to put on the thinking cap to figure out what to smoke next... lol

Phil

11. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

If your unsure ask the people where you bought it...

12. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks great! I love a smoked sausage and yours looks superb!

Disco

13. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great, Phil !!![​IMG]

I love smoked sausage---Must be the PA Dutch & German in me!!![​IMG]

Isn't it amazing how you do all that work, and the sausage gets to rest !!![​IMG]

Bear

14. Thanks Disco and Bear..

I do like smoked sausage. All kinds. That is one of the things I dearly miss since I moved away from the Hill Country in Texas.

But it sure was yummy.. [​IMG]

15. disco

Check our some of Bear's tutorials and start making your own sausage and you don't have to miss it any more. I have learned a lot from him and have moved on to experiment with some of my favourites. Sausage making is fun and delicious.

Disco

16. I did do that a ways back. I bought a LEM meat grinder. Extra grinding plates & sausage tubes also.

My first attempts at sausage making were not that bad. It's just a pain in the neck trying to stuff the casings with the meat grinder. I need to get a sausage press. I'll probably pick up the 5 lb from LEM.

When I do I'll attempt sausage making again.

Phil

17. disco

Amen and hallelujah! I used my Kitchen Aid grinder for a couple of attempts and it was like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. I love my LEM.

18. I have to agree with you there. Using a grinder to stuff is a pain.. lol

19. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

With my method you don't stuff them---They're unstuffed.

Bear

20. I'll have to do a search for them..

Thanks Bear

Phil