Pork Roll, with Egg & Cheese (Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds like a quest for someone who knows what it tastes like 😎.

i used to make beer and people would publish recipes for famous beers. After some time, they would actually taste like the beer.
I'm not really sure if it would be classed as a molded ham or a sausage? Either way, I know what it tastes like, but would not know how to go about trying to recreate it.

Great Sandwiches John! Literally my all time favorite Breakfast combination. I either order Pork Roll On line, or I can get the pre sliced at Publix. But it's the thin slices, which is better than nothing. Great job as always.

You can also buy Taylor ham direct from the company that makes it, but again, the price isn't anywhere close to what you'd pay for it in the grocery store. I have had their site bookmarked for years, but if I go on and pay what they are asking to get my fix, I know I'm going to have to keep doing it. Some things are best left to memory. Now, if someone can figure out how to make it from scratch, I'd be all over it.

Here ya go, DougE DougE !!!
This is the best one I've ever seen on line.
They say it's exactly like the Real Thing!

Bear

Reactions: DougE
I still have no idea what it is. Is it just sliced ham?

Read how to make it, "Link in Post #25. Maybe that will help explain what it is.
And the closest thing to compare it too, I would say is fried Bologna or Hot Dogs.

Bear

And the closest thing to compare it too, I would say is fried Bologna or Hot Dogs.
Yes sir, John. I've never had pork roll, but I could not begin to tell you how many fried bologna and egg sandwiches I've eaten. And always with mustard and swiss, because that's what I like...

Reactions: Bearcarver
Yes sir, John. I've never had pork roll, but I could not begin to tell you how many fried bologna and egg sandwiches I've eaten. And always with mustard and swiss, because that's what I like...
If you ever had the real deal Taylor ham and then found yourself in a place where you couldn't get it any longer, you would always be missing it. It's that good. Fried bologna is kinda sorta close, but it ain't Taylor ham.

If you ever had the real deal Taylor ham and then found yourself in a place where you couldn't get it any longer, you would always be missing it. It's that good. Fried bologna is kinda sorta close, but it ain't Taylor ham.
Totally agree. I'm originally from NJ, and now on diets, so I haven't had any for months. From reading this post the last few days, I had to go to Publix and get some. Eating a nice Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll for supper tonight. Life is good. I'll just have to work it off tomorrow, lol.

Totally agree. I'm originally from NJ, and now on diets, so I haven't had any for months. From reading this post the last few days, I had to go to Publix and get some. Eating a nice Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll for supper tonight. Life is good. I'll just have to work it off tomorrow, lol.
I grew up in East Hanover, NJ, but have been in Kentucky since I was 18. I'm more of a Kentuckian than a Jerseyite? since I have lived most of my life in KY, but there are a few Jersey things I still miss. Not enough to have any desire to move back there, though.

I grew up in East Hanover, NJ, but have been in Kentucky since I was 18. I'm more of a Kentuckian than a Jerseyite? since I have lived most of my life in KY, but there are a few Jersey things I still miss. Not enough to have any desire to move back there, though.
I grew up in Iselin, NJ, next to Woodbridge. 30-40 minutes east of NYC. Lived there til I was 30, then moved here to Ga. I feel the same, I miss a lot of Jersey things, but no desire to move back. We visit once in a while and hit all the Diners and such. And I always get Pork Roll sandwiches there too, among other things.

Cool, small world right. That's where the Mall was for us growing up.

Seems like I remember a trip or two to the Woodbridge mall with my high
school friends. Woodbridge was less than an hour drive.

That would be the procedure, lol. Spent too many High School days there. The arcade was the place we spent most of our time.

That would be the procedure, lol. Spent too many High School days there. The arcade was the place we spent most of our time.
You probably know Seaside, too. That was the place to be, come summer.

Oh yeah, I know Seaside well. Many Wreckless Summer nights there. Also great food, Sausage and Pepper sandwiches, etc. You've been there?

Oh yeah, I know Seaside well. Many Wreckless Summer nights there. Also great food, Sausage and Pepper sandwiches, etc. You've been there?
Heck yeah, me and some friends mostly did day trips to the beach in the summer. Always got a kick out of the sign for that ride called the wet banana at the amusement park on the beach.

Well Bear that is how we do our fried baloney with eggs when we have it. Which is quite often.
I buy the big log and than just slive the thickness we like and vac pack it up so always on hand.

Like mine with fried egg cheese and most times ketchup, or mustard. If I think of it than fried onions also

Reminds me to get a pack out of freezer

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky