Pork loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

4mysmoker

Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
North Port Fl
What started out to be only two pork loins all week ended up being more.I tried out those ABT's ?? I still don't know what that stands for ?? There jalapeno poppers no ?? Anyway there great.I smoked my loins,chicken,ABT's,whole garlic,potatoes,and clams with Live oak,Hickory,& Pecan.Came out good.Next time less live Oak.For those that don't know Live Oak is a type of Oak, it's not green.Everything was fantastic.Loins were juicy and I got a nice ring on them.I think?   Question; has anyone made there loins stuffed with apricot or maby a glaze??? Let me know.Thinking of somthing like that soon. Sorry about the order of the pic's they just came out that way.1st time putting anything up.
b42eb064_smoker028.jpg
daee1c69_smoker031.jpg
8ee1e0be_smoker025.jpg

Looks awesome and welcome aboard! ABT - atomic buffalo turd. I make homemade apricot jam to use as a glaze on pork. It is awesome. Nice looking stuff! Keep it coming!

Last edited:
First off, ABT stands for atomic buffalo turds.

2nd That's some great looking food!

3rd i have stuffed pork loins w/ boudin , fruit  and link sausage at different times.

They have all been good.

To what temp do you take your Pork Loin? I got a couple from a friend a couple of weeks ago and I was going to smoke them but I don't know how far to take them. Thanks for any help.

To what temp do you take your Pork Loin? I got a couple from a friend a couple of weeks ago and I was going to smoke them but I don't know how far to take them. Thanks for any help.
i like mine @ 155-160.........let rest 10 min before slicing.

Nice spread! I see the clams didn't make it to the finished pic heh? Snack for the cook. I haven't tried the ABT's yet, but they're coming soon

Good Job, and WELCOME!!!!!

Looks very good. I am starting my smoker up it is in the cure stage now.

I have a pork loin on stand-by so when it is complete look out I will be sending a q-view also.

Good eats.

Looks-Great.gif

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky