Pork Loin - Two Ways......Savory & Healthy....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Started off with a nice loin on sale from costco ($1.8/lb)...

cut it in 1/3rds and in a basic brown sugar brine with some juniper berrys, black pepper thyme garlic sage and Rosemary for an overnight soak...
EB0FC7E8-7D68-47FE-A315-1708FB6A0024.jpeg

then the loin was cut into 1.5 inch thick slices with 3 rubbed down with some mustard and big bald BBQ from Jeff’s book and the other 3 with SPOG, then on the RT 1250 @ 275....I flipped them at the mid point.....pulled them at IT 150
7E46884D-3C07-4F47-A2FF-8529BFFC8152.jpeg

Now for the savory, made a adapted sauce Robert......1/2 onion diced, 3 crushed cloves of garlic, sautéed in butter then 1c white wine, 3 cups chicken stock 2 Tbsp Dijon.....reduced by 2/3rds then seasoned with salt pepper and sugar in the raw and a splash of starch slurry......bingo....the savory plate....
902DA287-F5E6-43B0-8698-D577266F277D.jpeg

this is very savory money right here!
F0718542-78E8-4A35-84C2-8F201D7E75E1.jpeg

Now the healthy........the SPOG version was sliced thin and added to my wife’s made scratch orange vinaigrette salad (not sure how she get me to eat the green stuff.....but then she does stuff like this and I’m all over it!)......holy smokes this is off the chart good!
9B0545A3-7D9B-46A4-AC0A-3A9CAE3C01A4.jpeg

This is Salad $$$$ for a pork lover!
71DB88E2-EB0B-4641-BF70-E3A6E025EA6B.jpeg

Last edited:
That all looks phenomenal civil! I could definitely do some damage to those plates! Very nice!

YES!!! OMG that looks great! Can’t decide so plate them all please

That all looks phenomenal civil! I could definitely do some damage to those plates! Very nice!
Thanks Waterin! It was some good feasting!

The meat looks tremendous, the plate even better. Awesome cook!
Thanks N!

WOW, that looks fantastic and I bet just great flavors, I could eat both but the second one wins it for me.
Great Eats

David
Many thanks David....The savory was good, but I'm with you the salad version was crazy good....It will become a regular menu item!

YES!!! OMG that looks great! Can’t decide so plate them all please
Thanks sandy! Just flip a coin....both have heads on it! LOL

Both look and sound awesome .
Thanks Chop, I've been trying to come up with different pork loin recipes because its affordable at the moment.....

Today’s healthy was to dress up the classic Caesar!!!!

added some thin slice SPOG version....the brined pork as a ham/bacon hint to do a really nice complement to my wife’s home made Caesar.....
6CD34DA2-4A92-4251-893D-686E4A673EE2.jpeg

meat Caesar $$
2115578B-9E94-4A47-A777-99AB9AAF17A4.jpeg

I will be doing this again! The dressing goes very nicely with the pork!

Man what an overall grand slam meal!! Love the marinade you used. Did it penetrate well enough that not marinating the individual steaks was necessary? Love the sauce Robert. It’s new to me and now something I’ll need to use and add to the Arsenal. My wife would go bonkers for the salad and I’d eat it too. Plated pics are stellar.

Man what an overall grand slam meal!! Love the marinade you used. Did it penetrate well enough that not marinating the individual steaks was necessary? Love the sauce Robert. It’s new to me and now something I’ll need to use and add to the Arsenal. My wife would go bonkers for the salad and I’d eat it too. Plated pics are stellar.
Thanks jcam! I have to give Gordon Ramsey credit for the brine. It is from his Hell’s Kitchen book, but I added the rosemary and sage. At first I didn’t think it had enough brine, however, today it was about perfect. I think you could do the steaks in 8 hours vs overnight (I had them about 36 hours).

Sauce Robert is a classic for pork.....you can also get lots of variations by using different flavored mustards.... Usually it is smooth but I wanted the onions and crushed garlic texture, then the sugar in the raw to add depth in the sweetness!

Reactions: xray and bauchjw
Oh Yes! You nailed this! Congrats on a well deserved ride! Beautiful plates and awesome cook!

Those look tasty as all get out! I'd have no problems finishing off any if that! It's really terrible when you get bribed by a meat salad...I'm bribable (is that a word lol?) as well!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky