Pork loin roast keeps getting better and better!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trillo15

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Northern BC, Canada
Let me start out by first saying I am no pro. I just started in this journey last year, and am starting to love it! Yesterday I bought a pork loin rib half roast. I seasoned it with a basic home made rub. Let it sit in the fridge over night. Today I fired up the propane smoker to 265F (only real viable smoker in Northern Canada ;)) Smoked for about 3 hours with 75% Cherry and 25% Hickory. Once it hit about 155F IT, pulled it, wrapped in tinfoil and towel, and let rest for 1 hour. It was mouth watering! Super moist! Bit of bbq sause on the side,and it was the best loin I have done yet. Take a gander!

My Rub

20180129_224342.jpg

Seasoned

20180202_130957.jpg

Smoked and ready to cut!

20180202_180235.jpg

Sliced, look at the juice!

20180202_180436.jpg

20180202_180429.jpg

What do you all think?

Thanks!!

Great job on the loin! Try adding a bit of Rosemary to your pork rub sometime for an extra layer of goodness.
One of these days I'm going to get up enough nerve to take a loin almost to the pulling stage. Probably foil it like 3-2-1 ribs so it doesn'r dry out

Reactions: trillo15
Looks killer, I usually pull mine at 140ish and let the carryover bring it to 145*.

Point for sure.

Chris

Yea I'm with the pull it at 138-140 group, but yours still looks mighty juicy!
Nice job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Looks great trillio 15. Loins are hard to do they dry up quick I agree with pulling at 140 and rest it will rise another 5 or so if it's wrapped. Now days pork doesn't. Need to go to 165 anymore
Good job though
Phil

Looks great! I too pull mine at the 138-140 range because going higher runs the risk of drying out, but yours looks perfectly juicy! Like!

Great job on the loin! Try adding a bit of Rosemary to your pork rub sometime for an extra layer of goodness.
One of these days I'm going to get up enough nerve to take a loin almost to the pulling stage. Probably foil it like 3-2-1 ribs so it doesn'r dry out

I consistently take my loins to the 180-190 range an they are always tender and juicy.Sometimes i will even give them a quick sear on my flat top once they come out of the pellet smoker.

pl1.jpg pl2.jpg pl3.jpg pl4.jpg pl6.jpg pl5.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky