Pork Loin Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backpacker048

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2016
I've tried a couple of stuffed pork loin recipes and been disappointed with both of them. The cheese has dried out, no moisture in the fruit and it's dried out too. Does anybody have a good stuffed pork loin recipe that'll knock your socks off. I'd sure like to try it.

Thanks (and I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place),

Backpacker

BP048, I like most any ingredients in a stuffed loin. Maybe you are cooking too long or too high a temp ??

Here’s one!
Hope this helps!
Al

Not Stuffed, but an old Family Fav, Dad would make for company. I imagine you could combine a can of Apple Pie Filling, dice the apples, 1C Dried Chopped Cranberries and 1C Toasted Pecans, to make a filling...

Apple Pork Brine

2-12oz.Cans Apple Juice Concentrate
1C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4C Molasses
1/4C Mustard
1/2C Kosher Salt
2T Pickling Spice (optional)
1T Sage, rubbed
1Gal Water

Combine all and Brine the meat at least over night, 24-48 hours would be better.
This amount is for a Whole Loin. Make half for smaller Roasts.

Apply your desired amount of Low or Salt Free Rub to the meat and rest in the refrigerator, uncovered, over night.or longer to form a Pellicle. The day of the smoke, pull the meat out and go into your pre-heated Smoker...

Apple Pork Topper

3C Apple Sauce
3T Dijon Mustard
3T Brown Sugar
2T Apple cider Vinegar
1tsp Rubbed Sage
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/2tsp Salt
1/8tsp Cinnamon
Optional: 2-3 Apples, peeled, diced and sauteed until golden brown and tender in 2T Butter.

Place all in a pot and simmer on low until thick but still pourable. Adjust sweet/salt to taste.
Spoon over Pork Roast, during last 30-60 minutes of Cook time or when an IT of 110° is reached. Raising the Smoker temperature will caramelize the topping a bit...BUT...Pull and rest the meat, Uncovered, when the IT reaches 135°F. The hotter surface will cause a 10° Carryover rise and overcook the meat if you go to a higher IT. Serve the remainder, hot, over the sliced pork at the table...JJ

BP048, I like most any ingredients in a stuffed loin. Maybe you are cooking too long or too high a temp ??
Hey Crazymoon, Thanks for the reply. It's been a few months since I cooked the loins but I think I cooked at 225* and pulled it with an IT of about 150*? not sure, though

Are your "stuffings" soft and "liquidie" or dried out like mine? Mine don't really add a lot flavor - yours?

Thanks Chef,

Haven't talked to you in some time. Thanks for the recipe and do hope you are doing well!

Backpacker

Not Stuffed, but an old Family Fav, Dad would make for company. I imagine you could combine a can of Apple Pie Filling, dice the apples, 1C Dried Chopped Cranberries and 1C Toasted Pecans, to make a filling...

Apple Pork Brine

1C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4C Molasses
1/4C Mustard
1/2C Kosher Salt
1T Sage, rubbed
1Gal Water

Combine all and Brine the meat at least over night, 24-48 hours would be better.

Apply your desired amount of Low or Salt Free Rub to the meat and rest in the refrigerator, uncovered, over night.or longer to form a Pellicle. The day of the smoke, pull the meat out and go into your pre-heated Smoker...

Apple Pork Topper

3C Apple Sauce
3T Dijon Mustard
3T Brown Sugar
2T Apple cider Vinegar
1tsp Rubbed Sage
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/2tsp Salt
1/8tsp Cinnamon
Optional: 2-3 Apples, peeled, diced and sauteed until golden brown and tender in 2T Butter.

Place all in a pot and simmer on low until thick but still pourable. Adjust sweet/salt to taste.
Spoon over Pork Roast, during last 30-60 minutes of Cook time or when an IT of 110° is reached. Raising the Smoker temperature will caramelize the topping a bit...BUT...Pull and rest the meat, Uncovered, when the IT reaches 135°F. The hotter surface will cause a 10° Carryover rise and overcook the meat if you go to a higher IT. Serve the remainder, hot, over the sliced pork at the table...JJ

Thanks Chef,

Haven't talked to you in some time. Thanks for the recipe and do hope you are doing well!

Backpacker

Apple Pork Brine

1C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4C Molasses
1/4C Mustard
1/2C Kosher Salt
1T Sage, rubbed
1Gal Water

Apple Pork Topper

3C Apple Sauce
3T Dijon Mustard
3T Brown Sugar
2T Apple cider Vinegar
1tsp Rubbed Sage
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/2tsp Salt
1/8tsp Cinnamon

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Thanks Chef,

Backpacker
I thought I saw a post where you added mushrooms but can't find it now. Would you mind sending it again - I like mushrooms.

Backpacker

Mushroom stuffed pork is not ringing a bell but, the recipe below looked good.. JJ

O
Mushroom stuffed pork is not ringing a bell but, the recipe below looked good.. JJ

Thanks, Chef for the reply and recipe. I guess it was somebody else on the mushrooms

Hey Crazymoon, Thanks for the reply. It's been a few months since I cooked the loins but I think I cooked at 225* and pulled it with an IT of about 150*? not sure, though

Are your "stuffings" soft and "liquidie" or dried out like mine? Mine don't really add a lot flavor - yours?
Hi CM,
Wasn't able to try your recipe the other day. But , if you have time , could you send me the quantities, please.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky