• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Loin for Tailgate

mrlederman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 25, 2013
Been a while since posting, but been smoking!

I smoked a pork butt yesterday evening/early morning, and realized it wasn't nearly as much as I had hoped for. I am not looking to feed everyone, but I want to have enough for the people at my tent.

I am short on time and need something to smoke quick and will reheat well. What does everyone think about smoking a pork loin for some sandwiches? I am open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

kathrynn

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 13, 2012

Been a while since posting, but been smoking!

I smoked a pork butt yesterday evening/early morning, and realized it wasn't nearly as much as I had hoped for. I am not looking to feed everyone, but I want to have enough for the people at my tent.

I am short on time and need something to smoke quick and will reheat well. What does everyone think about smoking a pork loin for some sandwiches? I am open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks!
That would work and also what about Scarbelly's Wings that Dave does.  Those don't take that long and are a huge hit.

Kat

Last edited:

mrlederman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 25, 2013
I need to smoke tonight and reheat Saturday... how would wings hold up in keeping them until Saturday and how would I reheat ?

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I imagine the wings would heat up ok. Bearcarver's double smoked ham takes a fair length of time in the smoker but not as long as a butt and reheats like a dream.

Disco

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.