Pork loin above Bushes baked beans WSM question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Dighton, Mass.
I am ready to smoke a pork loin and baked beans in my weber smokey mountain in the A.M.. My question is should I put the beans above the pork loin? I thought the juices from the pork loin dripping in the beans would add a nice flavor but I'm not 100% sure it's a good idea if it is safe to have the juices from the pork loin drip in the beans. I don't want to make any one sick by doing this. So should I just but the meat under the beans just to be safe?

Last edited:
Definitely put the beans under the pork!

It's perfectly safe & will give the beans a good flavor.

Al

Your thought is a good one.

Mo' flavor, perfectly safe.

Make sure your beans come to the proper temperature.

Dinner sounds good.

Pictures will be nice, when you post them.

Have FUN.

Ed

It's no issue because everything will come out hot and cooked....JJ

Thanks for the replies everyone one!! Unfortunately I already got everything in the smoker. Including the pork below the beans:(. I wasn't sure and rather be safe. Next time I will put the pork above the beans : )

Your thought is a good one.
Mo' flavor, perfectly safe.
Make sure your beans come to the proper temperature.
Dinner sounds good.
Pictures will be nice, when you post them.
Have FUN.

Ed

+1.

Lately I've been on a kick of mixing 2 or 3 kinds of beans with a little brown sugar, maybe some chili powder or rub, then set the pan on the rack beneath a butt or a chicken. Delicious. Or a pan of potatoes and onions. I hate to waste the drippings!

If it's not done rotate! Butts or brisket over beans makes a great smoke. Looking forward to seeing the loin!

Great meal, Rd!
points.gif

I believe there's a rule here somewhere that beans always reside under the meat, but it's not chiseled in stone...
grilling_smilie.gif
Yes it is. At Corporate Headquarters with the rest of the Commandments...

Thou Shalt have no other Smoking Site Bookmarked.

Thou Shalt Smoke Beef Rib Eye Medium Rare.

Thou Shalt Pullith they Pork Butt.

Thou Shalt get Ground Meat from 40 to 140 in 4 hours.

And all the rest of them...JJ
biggrin.gif

I will be sure to follow the rule for beans going forward!! I can't even think of book marking another smoking web site. Then again there should be no good reason to look any where else beside this site [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky