• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where is a good source for hog wings in Arkansas.?Porkshanks.

• Processing plants.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Farm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
From what a butcher makes here in St. Louis , it's a trimmed up pork rib chop . French the bone , trim the fat and it's smaller like a lamb chop . Sold dry brined , ready to grill . Damn good .

From what a butcher makes here in St. Louis , it's a trimmed up pork rib chop . French the bone , trim the fat and it's smaller like a lamb chop . Sold dry brined , ready to grill . Damn good .

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Thanks Chopsaw! But I still couldn't tell you if a good source would be from a Farm or a Processing Plant.

John

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Thanks Chopsaw! But I still couldn't tell you if a good source would be from a Farm or a Processing Plant.

John
Looks like I was told wrong . Looks like the real thing is a shank portion . Makes more sense because the ones I had were real moist and tender . The guy that had them said they were chops . He was wrong too !

Reactions: Sweet Sir Render
Looks like I was told wrong . Looks like the real thing is a shank portion . Makes more sense because the ones I had were real moist and tender . The guy that had them said they were chops . He was wrong too !
They come in mini and larger. Depends on the size of the hog. Mini’s are great appetizers.

Yep, they're trimmed pork shanks that sort of resemble large turkey drummetes. I first encountered them a few years ago at a local sports bar and they're pretty good.

Unfortunately, I've never seen them for sale at retail. The primary producer, Farmland Foods used to sell them wholesale for food service operations under the name "Hawg Wild Pork Wings"for a 9 lb. case with 36 pieces (4 oz. each piece). I once ordered a case through the bar for the a cookout and I think the price was around $45. They come fully cooked and it was recommended that you apply your favorite rub, deep fry them, and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.

Besides Farmland, I believe Sysco carry's them and Restaurant Depot may do the same. If those don't work, a local butcher may be able to source them for you.

Yep, they're trimmed pork shanks that sort of resemble large turkey drummetes. I first encountered them a few years ago at a local sports bar and they're pretty good.

Unfortunately, I've never seen them for sale at retail. The primary producer, Farmland Foods used to sell them wholesale for food service operations under the name "Hawg Wild Pork Wings"for a 9 lb. case with 36 pieces (4 oz. each piece). I once ordered a case through the bar for the a cookout and I think the price was around $45. They come fully cooked and it was recommended that you apply your favorite rub, deep fry them, and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.

Besides Farmland, I believe Sysco carry's them and Restaurant Depot may do the same. If those don't work, a local butcher may be able to source them for you.
Thanks. I tried two local butchers and a hog farm. No one knows what they are. After explaining what they are the farmer is checking with his processor and the butchers are looking for a source.i will give Sysco a call and give the butchers the info also.

Thanks. I tried two local butchers and a hog farm. No one knows what they are. After explaining what they are the farmer is checking with his processor and the butchers are looking for a source.i will give Sysco a call and give the butchers the info also.

You're welcome. Hope it works out for you.

I checked Farmland's website and the wings are not a listed product. Then I remembered that Farmland is owned by Smithfield and I did a search on their site. They're now called "KC Wild Wings" by Farmland and it looks as if they have around 10 versions, both regular and mini. One example, with the product ID, etc, can be found by clicking the link below https://smithfieldfoodservice.com/product/mini-kc-wild-wings-2-bags-white-box-10net-z/

Thanks Dls1 for the link. Surely our butcher can order them for us. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks motocrash
It worked. Prices on web seem high. I’m hoping to piggyback an order to a butcher or supermarket. Save a lot on shipping. I think this gives me plenty to go on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky