Pork butt wrapped in bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never wrapped pork butt in bacon, and don't see the point as you're not gonna have any sort of bark for the butt. Also, depending on your times/temps your bacon would likely be crispy dust by the time you're done. Give it a shot though, experimenting is the best part of this crazy little obsession.

I have in the past done pork loin wrapped in bacon, which I found can really help with the moisture of the loin. Loin doesn't have as much fat in it as butt, so it can dry out a little easier. Bacon helps.

Never tried it before. Seems like the butts already have plenty of fat in them to keep the meat moist. That said, if you give it a try, let us know how it turns out!

Never did it.
I like to wrap small things in Bacon, but if I want a Butt & Bacon, I'll smoke the Butt, and I'll do the Bacon separate, and put them together when consuming. That way I can make Perfect Bacon, and the Butt can get plenty of Bark, instead of the Pale meat that would be under the Bacon if you wrapped it with Bacon.

Just My 2 Piasters,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky