Pork Brisket Tamale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Smoked 2 Pork Briskets last week froze one,decided to make Tamale for dinner last night. Using stuff I had in the house,for the sauce I used a Tomato Basil that was frozen.
100_0009.JPG
The Brisket had a nice bark still
100_0007.JPG
Chopped up it was hard to not eat that while cutting
100_0010.JPG
Chopped and sauced ready for the Tamale
100_0014.JPG
Made the dough
100_0017.JPG
Husk were soaked for a few hours give it
a ball of dough
100_0018.JPG
Spread it out thin
100_0019.JPG
Add filling
100_0020.JPG
Fold side in then the bottom up & tie it
100_0021.JPG
Repeat process till you have no more filling
100_0022.JPG
The husk opens up easily
100_0043.JPG
Serve with some extra sauce
100_0047.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie
You can use any filling Pork,Chicken,Beef etc

Never made them , but love to eat them . Another good one . Looks great .

Never made them , but love to eat them . Another good one . Looks great .
Rich Thanks they are easy to make even I can do it LOL Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I've only had the ones that come in a can in the Mexican section of the grocers. They weren't that good, but yours look fabulous Richie.

Point for sure
Chris

Those look fantastic Richie! Just like the others have said... Love to eat 'em but never made 'em. I think you have convinced me to try. I have masa, but where did you get the husks? Did you buy them like that or did you save and make them from the husks corn-on-the-cob?

BIG LIKE!

I've only had the ones that come in a can in the Mexican section of the grocers. They weren't that good, but yours look fabulous Richie.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris Thanks I never had the canned ones only the ones I made after seeing Foams post.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Those look fantastic Richie! Just like the others have said... Love to eat 'em but never made 'em. I think you have convinced me to try. I have masa, but where did you get the husks? Did you buy them like that or did you save and make them from the husks corn-on-the-cob?

BIG LIKE!
Erik I buy the husk most stores in around here carry them.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

BIG LIKE!
They should have dried husks in the Mexican foods section at Winco. That's where I bought mine anyway.

Hmmm... I'm sure I've seen them. I think I might try drying my own just for the heck of it. I have a couple of fresh picked ears from the farm market just yesterday. Sounds like fun! I hope they turn out as good as Richie's!

Man you are making some great food this week for sure. Always loved tamales and yours look delicious!

Looks delicious!! Need to try making them someday.

Like!
Joe thank you a little tip when prepping the lard use an electric mixer to cream the lard.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I'm on the side of "love them but never made them". That may have to change real quick though!!

Robert

I'm on the side of "love them but never made them". That may have to change real quick though!!

Robert

Robert A little tip when making the dough whip the lard with a Tablespoon of chicken,beef,pork broth follow the package directions
snap.jpg
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Fine looking tamales!

I have now gotten were I now like doing a whole butt lots of rendered fat in the juices. I divide up the juice, rendered lard, and meat and its enough for two bunches of the delicious little thangs! Freeze one batch and more tamales than I enjoy making in the other batch. LOL I know, I know, I am getting to be such a titty baby!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky