Pork Belly Burnt Ends with Cherry Lime Glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
I started with 5 lbs of pork belly and cubed them up about 1"x1". I sprinkled them with a little rub that I threw together really quick. Some sugar, some Lawry's Seasoned Salt, a little paprika, some cumin, and a good amount of pepper. It really wasn't my favorite rub. But oh well.

Into the MES 30 they went at 225º-250º for 4 hours.
IMG_20190203_081037.jpg

After the color looked like I wanted it to, I sampled one (realizing I missed it with the rub).
IMG_20190203_123930.jpg

Then into a foiled pan where I added my precisely measured Pork Belly Burnt End Braising Liquid solution: a stick of butter, a couple handfuls of brown sugar, and a good squirt of honey. Be careful not to mess up these measurements or your PBBE's will not turn out good.
IMG_20181214_160655.jpg

While in the braising solution I whipped up my glaze. I found these preserves and marmalade on clearance after Christmas and stocked up.
1/4 c. Cherry Preserves
1/4 c. Lime Marmalade
Juice from 2 fresh squeezed limes
Into a pot they go on med-low until everything is mixed pretty. I strained out the cherry chunks with a spoon and ate them right then and there.
IMG_20190215_094842.jpg

Out of the braising liquid and mixed in with the glaze. Then back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to set the glaze.
IMG_20190203_165726.jpg

I ate some with the glaze, and then mixed some with the glaze and 1/4 c. of a mustard-vinegar BBQ sauce added in. Both were delicious, but two completely different flavors. Give them both a shot and let me know which one you liked better.

Like chilerelleno said, you are on a roll! One great smoke after another! And a great write up too!
I never tried pork belly before, or even seen it at my local grocery store. I will definitely ask for!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky