Pork bellies!!!! YAAA!!! Bacon!!! The money shot!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Craig, you are not that far from me buddy, a road trip might be in order! I haven't done bellies in a while, can't wait to see the finished product! Hugs my brutha!

drool.gif

And they're off!!!!

Pulled them outa the briney depths on the afternnon of the 12th. (9 days in)

Rinsed,test fried then racked ,covered with Garlic, Pepper and Onion.

Stayed in the fridge til today 7am (central).

Cranked the MES to 100,put them in for about 1.5 hours to dry then the AMAZEN filled with pecan,both ends lit.

Gonna shut off the MES in a little bit and run the AMAZEN til bed time.

It's a beautiful day here in the panhandle. Rained from about 6 pm yesterday til 6 am today!!

The birds are happy and so are all the plants and veggies and herbs.

Have a great day!!

Craig

3beafd34_001.jpg

MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!  BACON!!!!

Last edited:
Looks good Craig! Boy I wish we could get some of that rain down here. We need it bad, I can't remember when the last time was that it rained all day or night.

14 hours of 100 degree and pecan smoke..

These look great!!

Tomorrow into the freezer for a bit then off with the skin and a visit to the biggest slicer on the planet!!!

Then vac packed.

Got 15 pounds of butt to start making some andouille Monday.

5e10f7f9_031.jpg

Craig

awesome looking bacon craig.... will be waiting for the slicer pics

Ended up with about 12 pounds...not too shabby.

2 pans of nice thin slices.

1  one gallon bag of chunks.

1 plate of long pieces for fatties.

The Berkel made slicing easy.  Bacon got some freezer time first so was nice an firm.

This was the first time using Pops recipe for cure..I am going to make this my "go to" cure for bacon.

c24821f8_004.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMM  BACON!

b16364e9_001.jpg

Vac pak and cleaning the slicer later.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Great looking bacon man

I need more
cheers.gif

Last edited:
Thanks fellas!!

Craig

Thanks!!!

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky