Poor mans pulled pork fries.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
For dinner tonight we found a vac pack bag of pulled pork in the freezer. Wife made some mac n cheese.

I decided I wanted fries.

So fries on the bottom then mac n cheese then pulled pork and sauce.

Simple but good.

20230502_181920.jpg

Looks great. Might have to skip the Mac n cheese and just add cheese. Not a fan of cheap Mac n cheese.

Would work well.with pulled beef

I just made beef stroganoff with a small piece of chuck roast and was wondering if I should freeze the rest. This sounds like an awesome alternative, smoked pulled chuck roast, Beachers Mac and cheese, and fries.

Thanks that looks terrific.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmudd14474
Lived off the box Mac-n-cheese when I was in college. 4 or 5 boxes for a buck couldn't go wrong.

I have some leftover PP in a deep freeze I'll have to give this one a go this weekend. Looks delicious Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: seenred
I make a similar recipe, leftover chicken/turkey, leftover dressing plus grated cheese(usually smoked) smothered in gravy. Not a heart smart meal but delicious for leftovers.

Reactions: JLeonard
I make a similar recipe, leftover chicken/turkey, leftover dressing plus grated cheese(usually smoked) smothered in gravy. Not a heart smart meal but delicious for leftovers.
Somewhere a cardiologist just heard dollar signs......But dang, I'd kill a plate of that.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: bertman
To be honest I was very surprise at how well the boxed mac worked in this dish. It was one of those crap what are we having for dinner moments that worked great.

Note I will be trying it with the homemade mac next time.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky