Poor Mans Prime Rib. (AKA SV’d Chuck Roast for 48 Hours)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice Bear!

Thank You Civil !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Awesome stuff Bear! I’ll have to try this. Like @flatbroke said I love the rack too. I usually do my stuff in a big stock pot. I need to get a rack like this to hold down floaters.

Thank You Jeff !!
This is my second rack. My Son bought me a new one for Christmas, after some Big Dumb Bear snapped one of the welds by forcing a piece of meat that was Thicker than the space provided between the bars.
If you do a search, you'll find a lot of different kinds available.
I also have some Stainless Steel Balls to weigh the stuff down, because one time the floating meat in the package lifted the whole rack!!!
For big items, like a whole Eye Round, I use the Wire Rotisserie basket from my "Showtime" to hold it down. It fits perfectly tight when I squeeze it a little.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
Gotta agree with Jake here. That chuck looks outstanding!! Very nice job and the patience to cook it for 2 days is probably more than I could muster...but I can sit back and enjoy what you've done :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
I don't mind the wait, however being on the far end of the line, up in the woods, I do worry about losing power during one of those 2 nights, and not knowing it. So far, So Good!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your second nights supper has my name written all over it. Open faced sammies are my favorite.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Everybody Loves Them!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Robert !!
I don't mind the wait, however being on the far end of the line, up in the woods, I do worry about losing power during one of those 2 nights, and not knowing it. So far, So Good!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Hey Bear - have you considered a small UPS for your long and overnight cooks? That's what I'm gonna do, cause we lose power way too often...just a little glitch is long enough to stop the SV!

BTW, my first SV Chucky just hit 48 hours, and it's coming out a little later today for early supper. Thanks for all your tips.

Rick

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ups&crid...,98&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=smokingmeatforums-20

Bear, this one slipped past me too. That is incredible. You never cease to amaze with your creativity on your cooks! That looks beyond incredible.

Hey Bear - have you considered a small UPS for your long and overnight cooks? That's what I'm gonna do, cause we lose power way too often...just a little glitch is long enough to stop the SV!

BTW, my first SV Chucky just hit 48 hours, and it's coming out a little later today for early supper. Thanks for all your tips.

Rick

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ups&crid=2NQ5LFLIVK206&sprefix=ups,aps,98&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=smokingmeatforums-20

No I haven't because I don't know what it is.

Bear

Bear, this one slipped past me too. That is incredible. You never cease to amaze with your creativity on your cooks! That looks beyond incredible.

Thank You Big!!
The SV does all the work, and We love it !!
Appreciate that.

Bear

Bear - UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply. It's equipped with a battery that is constantly kept charged. In the event of power failure (or power blip), the unit converts to battery power, lasting several minutes or up to an hour or more. Purchase the size according to need; i.e., how much total load you will plug into it, and how long you want it to provide battery power. We have several, used for network equipment and computers, TV cable boxes, etc.

Bear - UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply. It's equipped with a battery that is constantly kept charged. In the event of power failure (or power blip), the unit converts to battery power, lasting several minutes or up to an hour or more. Purchase the size according to need; i.e., how much total load you will plug into it, and how long you want it to provide battery power. We have several, used for network equipment and computers, TV cable boxes, etc.

OK-----I have one of those.
It used to be on my Pellet Heater.
Now it's hooked up to the upstairs computers.
That's a good idea.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky