POOR MANS BRISKET

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Greetings Smokers! I haven't posted anything in a long time but decided to jump in again. I smoked something today that was a first time for me and boy it turned out really good. 4.5 pound chuck roast. Really simple and easy 6 hr 45 minute smoke @ steady 250 degrees on the Bayou Classic stick burner. 4 hours in I placed the roast in a pan and added some beef broth and covered with foil to braise for a while. The last hour or so I had removed the foil and let it bark back up. The roast was so tender it was falling apart when I tried to plate it. Was happy with the smoke ring and the bark. Plenty of chopped beef sandwiches in the near
future. I will definitely do this smoke again soon. Here is a few photos.

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

NICE!
IMG_4751.jpg

PLENTY FOR SANDWICHES

Last edited:
Looks like you nailed it! Looks great and glad to see you back in action again.

Ryan

Reactions: Hawging It
Yep...Don't slice as nice as Brisket but has all the flavor. Great job. ..JJ

That looks awesome! That picture at the end of that big pile for sadwiches had me drooling. Im not sure it would make it to a sandwich...i could see myself just grabing a fork and digging in lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky