Poor mans brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Absolutely killer looking!! Pretty smoke ring and love the spices you used. Congrats on being featured!

Absolutely killer looking!! Pretty smoke ring and love the spices you used. Congrats on being featured!
Thanks bud I appreciate it. I'm not sure what you mean by being featured? Lol I'm new to the forum.

Looks like a great smoke, love the smoke ring! I don't get them with my mes. By being featured they put your post on the carousel, it's an honor and they thought it should be showcased.

Good job
Ryan

Looks like a great smoke, love the smoke ring! I don't get them with my mes. By being featured they put your post on the carousel, it's an honor and they thought it should be showcased.

Good job
Ryan
Oh wow that's awesome. I appreciate the comments. I used a pellet smoker on high smoke setting.

Man that looks good! Killer smoke ring! Never tried a chuck like a brisket but you knocked it out of the park so will have to give it a go sometime. What temp did you pull it at?

Man that looks good! Killer smoke ring! Never tried a chuck like a brisket but you knocked it out of the park so will have to give it a go sometime. What temp did you pull it at?
It's a pretty fun cook. I wrapped at 160 and pulled at about 203 and threw it in the cooler. Appreciate the compliments.

That’s an awesome looking chuck roast, Jake. Love the smoke ring!

I have yet to smoke a full packer...but I’ve done plenty of chuckies, cheaper on the wallet too!

was it dry or juicy? tenderness? what temp did you bring it to?
It was juicy but not like a brisket. Definitely not dry though. Tenderness was amazing. The slices held together well but also very easy to pull apart.

When the temp hit 160 I wrapped until 203. Probe slid out like butter. Then into the cooler with some towels for a couple hours. Slices held bark nicely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky