Poor mans brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was juicy but not like a brisket. Definitely not dry though. Tenderness was amazing. The slices held together well but also very easy to pull apart.

When the temp hit 160 I wrapped until 203. Probe slid out like butter. Then into the cooler with some towels for a couple hours. Slices held bark nicely.

I started smoking big chucks (4lb+) like this since briskets aren't always available locally. It's become my favorite.

We have a new costco nearby so hopefully getting briskets won't be a big deal now, but I really like that there's no trimming work needed with a chuck roast.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks fantastic. Chuck roast here is often less expensive than brisket. Not sure what drove the price of brisket so high other than competition to get it as tender as a good cut of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky