Politics page

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodak21

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 24, 2018
Grand Forks ND
Just wondering if we could get a special page where paying members could talk smoking meat, bbq, and add a little politics about how it is affecting us. I think it would be busy right now with Brandon’s meat prices, fuel prices, inflation, supply chain issues and everything else he has managed to mess up this past year. Thanks for the consideration. If not that is fine but why not? Lots of threads on other topics and the kids can stay off if they can’t handle the truth. Manage the no foul language the same way you do the rest of the site.

Sorry, but I really don't this is a good idea. The mods have had to close several posts for the simple reason that things (insert political opinions) started to get ugly.
This a Smoking meat forum. If you want politics, then join a political forum.
Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to politics, and some people--like me--can be very blunt and offensive, which can and will lead to "problems". We don't need that here.
Gary

I get it but it shouldn’t bother you to the point of taking offense. A lot of people come here as a paying member instead of other social media sites. Our politicians affect how and what we smoke and we should be able to discuss.rec teq raises their prices, lots more chicken getting smoked rather than beef. Etc… shame on you for not being able to control your “ bluntness”in my opinion. It would be a seperate forum so don’t look if it bothers you that much. No offense just thinking out loud

Everyone here is great. I just think of it as having coffee at the cafe. Except certain topics are taboo because some people live in a bubble. Why shouldn’t we be able to talk about all current events

Except certain topics are taboo because some people live in a bubble
Just because some of us don't want to discuss certain topics here does not mean we live in a bubble. I have very strong political beliefs contrary to what's going on in this country right now, and I don't think that this is the place to air them. Cooking, smoking, curing, and the like is what unites all of us on here no matter our political position, and we should stick to that.

Just wondering if we could get a special page where paying members could talk smoking meat, bbq, and add a little politics about how it is affecting us. I think it would be busy right now with Brandon’s meat prices, fuel prices, inflation, supply chain issues and everything else he has managed to mess up this past year. Thanks for the consideration. If not that is fine but why not? Lots of threads on other topics and the kids can stay off if they can’t handle the truth. Manage the no foul language the same way you do the rest of the site.

There are lots of places on the internet you can go and discuss politics however SMF is not one of them and hopefully never becomes one of them.
You are not the first member to suggest this and the owner of the site has not amended the rules and I would not expect him to this time either. I don't believe most of our members would want this and I know the staff wouldn't. SMF has always been child friendly and I don't expect that that will change either.

I agree that this is not the place for politics.

I have seen first hand how things can spin out of control and fast. Things get taken out of context, misinterpreted intentions get projected, civility gets lost....in short it is a train wreck. Not to mention the clean up on the mod. side is time consuming. Other places on the internet for those discussions, I for one am glad this place is not one of them. We discuss topics that bring people together and we need more of that in the world right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
JeffB

I removed your post because this is the kind of post that will make things go south real fast. If you think its not fair then get with one of the Admins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already take offense that you want it just for paying members. This website was founded on like minded individuals coming together to share their knowledge and experiences in smoking meat. I contribute plenty! I may not posts pictures of of the chicken & veggies I had for dinner last night but if someone has a question that I can answer I'm glad to help out. My time is money to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky