• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Polish Sausage, CB, & Buckboard w/Qview

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
That is a beautiful thang all around!!  Love your set-up, but I'm really interested in your polish sausage - they look beyond delicious!!

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Sauage are just awesome, but I really love your little or big setup. Hard to believe you get enough heat.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Nick....Your just smokin' up a storm!!

Looks Great!

Todd

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for the comments guys. Terry, it gets plenty of heat. I've had this thing get up to around 300 before.

I used hi mountain bb cure for the loins. I guess I didn't soak long enough in fresh water cause it's a little on the salty side. Sausage turned out great. The casing was a little tough an hour after coming out of the smoke but it's softened up some today. I'm hoping it continues to soften up a little more.

Question: should I vacuum pack and freeze whole pieces of the CB or slice and then vacuum and freeze?

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice.......thumbs up...........

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I slice and portion then vac seal and freeze .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.