Polish Meatball Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MFL

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 2, 2021
Anyone have a good polish meatball recipe they are willing to share. Not happy with what I have tried.
Thanks in advance.
Pat

I cook usually this one:

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Oil, for frying
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter. Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil to the pan. Fry the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides. Add a little water to the pan and cover. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.

Bonus tips from Margaret))
For a richer flavor, I use half ground beef and half ground veal. To make the meatballs more moist, add a splash of liquid to the meat mixture (and if you don't have marjoram, you can use another herb, such as thyme or oregano). To brown the meatballs without frying them, I bake them in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked.

Enjoy!

Thank you Margaret! That looks good and will give it a try.

• Love
Reactions: missmargaret
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky