Please identify this smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bowmanmt

Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
20181010_201515.jpg
20181010_201515.jpg
20181010_201532.jpg
Hi all, I am new to smoking. I have 25 lbs of deer summer sausage ready to get smoked up. I just purchased this Cabelas smoker used for $80. I was hoping someone in the forum would know what model this is. Its appx 5 ft tall and 20 inches across. It had about 8 trays and is propane. Thanks for having patience with the newbe

wow that was quick, thanks so much. now one other question? I see the cast iron holder for the wood, and there is a water pan above that , which slides into the rack rails. how much wood and water do I fill them to. I will be doing a venison 80/20 porkbutt jalapeno summer sausage, 2.5 x 20 inch links. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t have that smoker but I wouldn’t use the water pan for ss. As far as the chips I would start with 1/2 full your going to need more than that but if it flares up it will be for nothing you’ll have to reload. I would get a tube from from amazn products a well respected sponsor on this site. Have you done a test run to make sure you can run your temps low enough? A needle valve mod may be in order.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky