Plant-Based Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can't help but wonder if this new technology won't be discovered to be harmful to us later down the road like this vaping fiasco is now found to be sickening and killing folks!

these foods are highly processed = cant be good for people or environment.

I've tried it, not as bad as the soy burger I made back in the 60's (that WAS crap!). Very glad to see experimentation, I mean, meat, in its finest form, is unhealthy but we all look forward to that sizzle on the stainless steak platter!

sizzling steak platter.jpg

Yeah but Soylent Green was MEAT BASED...People Meat!

I'm not worried one way or the other. Right now that Burger King Veg burger is what, TWICE the price of a Whopper? When they are a $1.00 Menu, l'll try one. I have had some excellent veg burgers. One, some 10 years ago, in a Hospital. They're Beef Burgers were thin and dry. This Veg Burger, was a 1/2" thick, larger than the bun, was moist and had a Flame Broiled taste. I chose It over the Beef Burgers my entire stay.
Did it turn me into a Vegan with a Life membership in PETA? Hell no! But it was still a tasty Sandwich.
People will buy what they want. Beef Liver is in the case and supposed to be good for me. Granola is on the shelf and supposed to be good for me, and Soy Milk is in the Dairy and supposed to be good for me. But, when we shop, it's Rib Eye Steak, when on sale, Lucky Charms, 'cause I like the Marshmallows, and 2% Cow's Milk, 'cause I am not Lactose Intolerant...JJ

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Save a pig, eat a Vegan.

Cannibalism sounds less disturbing than vegi-synth-meat-like-lab-protein.

To be honest, I occasionally eat a morningstar or similar veggie burger or soyrizo and eggs. It isnt bad, but its not a meat replacement. More of a pseudo-healthy low-fat protein. Helps me feel better when I have another beer. Moderation and balance.

I totally agree with everyone above, highly processed, would challenge the nutrition, and finally CHILLI, F THAT. I am a farmer, and live on a farm that has been in the family for over 100 years. Our good Lord put animals on this earth for a reason! I am proud to raise crops and livestock in GODS COUNTRY!

AMEN Brother! In a restaurant, I will make any Vegan meal desired, Their Money is Green too! I've made Smoked Spaghetti Squash as a Faux Pulled Pork for a client. But, Meat is what's for Dinner at my House!...JJ

No, it's not like the changes in processing and packaging of beef and other meats.

Some of this stuff barely qualifies as vegetable matter.
More like lab produced proteins originally derived from plants.

And we've people in positions of government talking about how they're going to literally cram this crap down our throats.

No thank you, F that.

Plants are what my food eats...thank you and I like it that way.
I'm right there with you in the "F that"department.:emoji_thumbsup:

I have nothing against vegetarians until some of them start with the meat eater bashing, if they want to eat these burgers then good for them, I was actually reading the nutritional facts on one of the new brands that's not out that long the salt and saturated fats are comparable to that of bacon. I won't say i'll never try one, but if humans were meant to be vegetarians all our teeth would be crushers, we wouldn't have the cutters and slicers. just my 2 cents.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky