Pizza Oven for the Weber 22.5 Kettle.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
Anyone had any experience with the various Pizza oven accessories for the Weber 22.5 inch kettle?  I've been looking at one but thought someone here will probably own one.   Id like your opinion and experiences.  

Thanks in advance.

Brian

There's a couple of threads on here about them...i hear they work well, the only down side is the cost.

I was going to make one or get that one until i made my UDS.  Lay a pizza on a UDS grate and that direct heat coming up on the crust crisps it up golden brown...even at low temps like 250

Hiya, I have a [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Weber 22.5 inch kettle WSM too and was thinking about using one of the ½" man made granite 'chopping boards'  as there quite cheap.  Do you think one of these would be any good as opposed to the more expensive Weber ones?[/color]

I too did one in the UDS Keith.... smoked for like 30 mins.. and removed the lid and it crisped up in just minutes.. yum!
And sorry brian.. im no help with your question :biggrin:

I too did one in the UDS Keith.... smoked for like 30 mins.. and removed the lid and it crisped up in just minutes.. yum!
And sorry brian.. im no help with your question :biggrin:
yea there's no need for anything else to smoke pizzas when you have a drum or something like it.

I can't keep up with acronyms.  UDS & WSM?  Is it possible to just put a stone on a weber grill & lift the lid instead of buying the attachment?  Would the results be bad?

I can't keep up with acronyms.  UDS & WSM?  Is it possible to just put a stone on a weber grill & lift the lid instead of buying the attachment?  Would the results be bad?
WSM is weber smokey mountain and UDS is ugly drum smoker.

I wouldn't think it would work real well because you're not keeping in most of the heat. Try it though and see how it goes..can't hurt

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk 2

And sorry brian.. im no help with your question q
biggrin.gif
You may not have been help on my exact question. BUT your experiences and comments are always fascinating Wabo 
icon14.gif

I just use a cheapo pizza pan with the holes in it, then slide it off the pan to finish right on the grate - crust comes out crisp and done every time and the pan start keeps the pizza from flopping down between the grate until it starts to firm up. 

John

Thats a good idea JJ. I started out that way myself.  BUT that old WK gets so hot that the crust would go from golden brown to burnt like a crisp in nothing flat.  I'm thinking that the window where you can look in and keep an eye on things just might be safer.  Still.  A few buck for a pizza pan versus the few hundred bucks for the pizza accessory make me think.... Brian

The oven ring is interesting but this seems more practical and at around $60 seems like a deal...JJ 

The Grilled Pizza Stone

51GCnsCuspL._SY450_.jpg

As usual I agree with Wabo... Thats pretty cool. That stone looks like its made for the WK.

Brian the drum is what webo and I were talking about..UDS. The coal basket is in the bottom of a 55 gallon drum and the cooking rack is toward the top.

It's like a combination of direct and indirect cooking all in one smoker. We can put a pizza directly on the grate, close the lid and smoke a pizza with golden crispy crust.

It's an incredible smoker...love it.

Last edited:
As usual I agree with Wabo... Thats pretty cool. That stone looks like its made for the WK.
It is made for the 22.5 Weber Kettle. With the cutout it looks like it would heat the dome quickly and of course the stone would hold a lot of heat. Considering wood fired ovens run 700-900*F and cook in 2-3 minutes. This thing could get that hot and you could do a pair of 12" single serving pies every 5 minutes. That's a bunch of happy folks in 1 hour...JJ

Jimmy

I agree these babies stoke the heat.  So this is my concern. I have this vision of me pulling the hood off every few seconds to turn the pizza so it won't over cook one side or burn on one side or all over.  Wouldn't the opening of this pizza kettle gizmo make more sense? Or is another it one of those things I use a few times and decide its more hassle than its worth?

How do you do it?

B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky