Pizza FLATTY (fatty)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I wanted to cook a breakfast fatty but decided against taking a loan out to buy some eggs. I had all the other ingredients on hand to make a pizza fatty. This one cooked faster because I could not roll it closed. I over stuffed with cheese, onions, and pepperonis. It cooked pretty quickly compared to my cheeseburger fatty. It was very delicious according to my coworker. He is my test dummy while I get used to the new smoker. I used skewers to try to hold it together. It didn't work so well hence the FLATTY.
20230123_120711.jpg
20230123_121152.jpg

Did you use sausage or hamburger for the meat layer? Looks great whatever you used.
My apologies. I am new to the fatties. I assumed this was a known cook. I used one pound of regular bacon, one pound of mild sausage, 1/2 of a white onion, a lot of mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. It just went flat because it was not rolled properly.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
One more thing. I dry rubbed with salt, pepper, and garlic.

I’d eat that without a problem! I can believe your coworker enjoyed it and is excited whenever you have a new smoker!

Looks good from here. I've been known to overstuff them before also. As for the meat. A fatty can be made up of any ground meat. I've made fatties using sausage, burger, and chicken before

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I always use extra meat because I ALWAYS over stuff a fattie. Thing is even though they blow up & are ugly, somehow they always disappear, as I’m sure yours did!
Al

I've yet to do a fatty. But I'd work a shift with ya if you bring lunch like that. May not have turned out quite as you wanted, but I'm sure it still ate well.

Jim

I've yet to do a fatty. But I'd work a shift with ya if you bring lunch like that. May not have turned out quite as you wanted, but I'm sure it still ate well.

Jim
Thanks for that.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks. It was great. I'm new to the fatty world and have a new smoker. As I said before, I am shocked at the amount of smoke that was infused in the cook with only two ounces of wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky