Pizza Fatty with a New Weave

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I literally just did this over the weekend sans crescent dough weave, which looks absolutely amazing. I used a pound of beef and a pound of fresh italian pork sausage from the meat market. It was really good. Highly recommend. I am going to try the dough weave next time cuz got-dang that looks good!

So I got this idea from gmc2003 when he posted this smoke...

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/meat-lovers-pizza-fattie.287754/

I started with a normal fatty so I did not document it with photos. Spicy sausage, ham, pepperoni, mortadella, salami, prosciutto, mozzarella, and pizza sauce. Into the smoker at 250° and finished at 300° to crisp the bacon. I did not weave the bacon as it would be covered by the final weave.

Fast forward to day 2 after the fatty rested in the fridge overnight.

I placed the fatty in the oven at 350° for about 45 minutes to reheat.
View attachment 401155

I opened 2 tubes of crescent rolls and merged the seams, then cut one in one direction and one in the opposite direction. I placed them on a piece of parchment paper and made a weave, seasoned the inner half with olive oil, oregano, basil and garlic powder.
View attachment 401154

I placed the warm fatty on the weave. Using the parchment paper, I rolled the fatty in the crescent roll weave. I brushed the top with an egg wash and seasoned it again with spices.
View attachment 401156

Into the 350° oven until the crescent roll dough was golden brown.
View attachment 401157

Sliced and served with extra cheese and sauce for those who needed it. I did not add any as it was awesome just like it was.
View attachment 401158
View attachment 401159

Thanks to gmc2003 for the inspiration!

Hope you give it a try, I think you will like it.
Dave
Excellent work

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky