Pizza Fatty with a New Weave

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I got this idea from gmc2003 when he posted this smoke...

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/meat-lovers-pizza-fattie.287754/

I started with a normal fatty so I did not document it with photos. Spicy sausage, ham, pepperoni, mortadella, salami, prosciutto, mozzarella, and pizza sauce. Into the smoker at 250° and finished at 300° to crisp the bacon. I did not weave the bacon as it would be covered by the final weave.

Fast forward to day 2 after the fatty rested in the fridge overnight.

I placed the fatty in the oven at 350° for about 45 minutes to reheat.
71BB90AC-3DB9-412E-9DDB-8F664723763F.jpeg

I opened 2 tubes of crescent rolls and merged the seams, then cut one in one direction and one in the opposite direction. I placed them on a piece of parchment paper and made a weave, seasoned the inner half with olive oil, oregano, basil and garlic powder.
668C88A2-E192-4146-9239-999EDA8E14D4.jpeg

I placed the warm fatty on the weave. Using the parchment paper, I rolled the fatty in the crescent roll weave. I brushed the top with an egg wash and seasoned it again with spices.
8EDD10DE-FB73-4737-A15A-C3BECDE611E9.jpeg

Into the 350° oven until the crescent roll dough was golden brown.
C4461D33-C8C9-4633-B8D5-96395B3D7F79.jpeg

Sliced and served with extra cheese and sauce for those who needed it. I did not add any as it was awesome just like it was.
215C4CE7-D29E-4854-A8BD-7AE9FF6AD1CC.jpeg

EE7410AC-DCE6-4575-A0CB-639464D8B4BE.jpeg

Thanks to gmc2003 for the inspiration!

Hope you give it a try, I think you will like it.
Dave

Perfect Fatty Wellington! Gonna steal this for this weekend. (Giving you ALL the credit of course coach)! Thanks for the write up.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
Looks great coach, I like the idea of crescent roll dough and the fatty is perfect.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
Perfect Fatty Wellington! Gonna steal this for this weekend. (Giving you ALL the credit of course coach)! Thanks for the write up.

drdon,
Thanks for the kind words and steal away! Hope it is good, let us know how it turns out.
Dave

Looks great coach, I like the idea of crescent roll dough and the fatty is perfect.

Point for sure
Chris

Chris,
Thanks for the point and the idea! The crescent roll was really good as a crust (soft and flaky) but stayed on the fatty at the same time. I was a little worried that it would just fall apart but it didn’t.
Dave

WOW....SIMPLY AMAZING!

There goes gmc2003 gmc2003 helping to bring joy to another household. I have my next fattie going on this week. now IM going to have to up my game with the dough roll.....Thanks guys:emoji_astonished:

Nice write up. And the Fatty looks very nice! Haven't done one of those yet.

Thanks Steve! You need to smoke one of these fattys.

WOW....SIMPLY AMAZING!

There goes gmc2003 gmc2003 helping to bring joy to another household. I have my next fattie going on this week. now IM going to have to up my game with the dough roll.....Thanks guys:emoji_astonished:

Thanks NU2SMOKE,
The great people here make this a great place. Members like gmc2003 are always willing to share new ideas and make great food. You will be happy with the dough!
Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky