Pitmasters Episode 3 is starting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Decatur Jaycees Riverfest. Starts in 2 minutes. Thought I'd start a fresh thread so we can all complain about Myron and root for the kid to pull one off. Or do something so stupid we all get a good laugh.

Got it recording, usually I download it to skip the commercials but tonight I'll wait a bit so I can just fast forward some. Plus Brother and brother in law are playing UFC right now and once their done it's my turn to kick some A!! with my Muay Thai!
Oh, and Myron is a cocky SOB...
The Kanye West of BBQ!

Are they members here?
tongue.gif

Are you *bleeeeep*in kidding me. That *bleeeeep*in kid stole my *bleeeeep*in dumb*** idea of putting *bleeeeep*in chicken parts in muffin pans!! Oh my *bleeeeep*in *bleeeep*!!!

Funniest thing about the muffin pan is he came in like 17th in poultry, looks to me like he needs to throw out the muffin pan ond work on method...

Funny

Yeah it was weird, the Slap yo Daddy guy (Harry Soo? I believe) was in the BBQ REstaurant scene, but was never in the rest of the show.

Those muffin chicken shapes are kinda un-appetizing to me. Looks so unnatural.

It seems impossible to really make good money at these competitions, given the travel expenses, time, effort, cost of meat, etc.

I guess it's more for the competition, bragging rights, and probably to help the prestige of their restaurants back home.

Okay, done with my random thoughts.

They all have sponsors and as you mentioned they can deduct alot of this.....If they cook 400 dollars of meat they sure as heck aint paying for it outta pocket...

Still haven't watched it...
Gotta finish prepping some smoked turkey mashed potato baked croquettes for tomorrow so after that I'm good.
I wonder, does Myron say damn 50 times this episode or did he break 100 times...
You know damn what, don't damn tell me cause I'll find the hell damn out when I watch the damn episode cause I'm Kanye West, I mean Myron Mixon...

Well, I still enjoy the show.

Myron may have been mad about him taking his cupcake chicken idea, but now that it is on the show I am sure many people will be using that technique.

I root for the underdog hoping he does good, but I think he might need to rethink his approach more than just changing up his flavor profiles.

poor paul, he just don't have a clue about competition. it looks like he's in the show so they can have someone to throw under the bus.

The scene where the big guy, Pauls partner, immediately began eating the DQ'd chicken made me laugh my ass off.
Lee Ann Whippen and Tuffys wife could cook me dinner any day.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky