Pitmasters Episode 3 is starting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You sauce/glaze outside pan.They are grill/smoking with thighs 1/2 submerged in butter/margarine to get bite thru skin and turning them occasionaly.....It works-believe me...The smoke flavor is minimal factor in chicken judging...Get a dynamite rub and procedure and your gonna do very well....He is putting 12 thighs in his box for 6 judges...You get big time appearance scores for this...

Lee Ann beat Bobby Flay a while back in a Throwdown, did anyone see that?

I want to see her beat Myron, he needs to be taken down a notch or two...

Well fellas drunk as I am ,,,,, and I am,,,,, I gathered one thing from last nights show,,,,, I shure am glad I don't compeete cause I am pretty shure I would not enjoy all the drama,,, I will just keep making the best smoked goods in the world at my house and not let anyone have any :)

The look on Myron's face when Chris Lilly walked up was priceless, Chris Lilly was considered the Best BBQ Smoker in the World for many years until he decided he had accomplished enough. Myron and Lilly must have butted heads a lot during those years, and the look Myron had said it all. The expression on Myron's face didn't look staged, if it was he should be an actor.

So how many book deals, bbq tool sets, and other crap do you think these folks will be hawking after this?

One thing I can't understand is how Lee ann has a rig like that and doesn't have a generator to power the rotiserie. If they came up to me and said that power was going to be cut, my reply would be "go ahead, 'cause I got this super awesome generator right here that is aching to be run". She will spend $400.00 on meat and doesn't have a backup plan for electricity?
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

You could really tell that Myron and Chris Lilly weren't friends. The look of contempt on Myron's face sure told the story that Chris had handed Myron a few harsh reality checks (or at least that is how I chose to look at it).

The Kid (Paul) I think is really starting to try. The first show, it was just a disaster. I mean hacking a disgusting looking bird and chucking it into the box was laughable. I do believe that he now understands what this is about. I am pulling for him to at least get out of the basement with his rankings...If not, I'm afraid it will hurt his business and reputation for years to come.

We saw Chris Lilly at the American Royal and there was a camera crew (in the back of the picture) following him also, I wonder if he and his team will be on that episode or if they were filming for some other show?
b6aa4ace_vbattach23426.jpg

I loved the snappy comeback that Myron made when Lilly said "All these recipes are from my new cookbook. Myron has already bought six." Saying this to be cute.

Myron's reply: "Well, I needed something to get my fires started."

That made me laugh out loud.

Myron is cocky but he is growing on me because he has been backing it up for the most part. This last comp was his worst showing yet.

I had the episode on DVR and just got through watching it so thought I would throw some random thoughts out there.

Yes Myron appears to be a total jerk, I just gotta wonder if he really is that way or is it all for the show. A reality show will not succeed in todays market with out drama.So my wife and I wondered if maybe it was all for show. We have cooked in many competitions ( IBCA not KCBS ) and folks just are not like that. We walk around, sometimes right into others cooking areas and visit and introduce ourselves and NOBODY has ever thrown a fit like Myron does.
Most welcome the competition newbies and offer advice etc. I know KCBS is a completely different monster than IBCA but I just gotta say Hmmmmmm.

No I didn't see that one but I would love too

I couldn't agree more, I consider myself a low budget competition cooker and I NEVER leave home with out my generator

Anyway, decent show if you can get past Myron

I think electricity and bbq is bad for the sport....I like the old days when everyone had to tend the smokers and not let computers etc..do it...

I believe 5 of top 10 teams in KCBS were pellet poopers....Know going back now...I like how they say ovens on em like FEC.

Would not suprise me if someone uses a kitchen oven on the tour.
Apparently cup cake pans are doing fine...
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Yes I saw LeeANN beat Bobby, kind of funny how bobby and poor paul are alike. have you noticed both cook on cookers they never used before. both make a rub that's going to change BBQ forever , odd spices ,7 different peppers,etc. then cant figure out why they cant win BBQ!!!

yes,LeeANN needs to have a generator, with the size of her rig she could keep one somewhere. I learned the hard way also, now we have deep cell batteries with a power inverter. we can compete with 2 FEC's and not worry about power or outages.

I agree with you Alex. I am up all night tending my smoker, and adjustments are made as I slide the air intake damper further open or closed. It is unaided and honest to goodness bbq and I am really proud of what I do. I have considered getting a stoker for some of the stuff I do at home on my little cabinet, but it would be just for the purpose of experimenting...tying it into my home network and grabbing the output files to review. The software is free and you can also have files emailed real time to your blackberry at any interval you decide...pretty cool and way more distance than you can get out of a Maverick ET-73!

I am going to get a stoker as well for a cold smoke style cabinet etc...The team that one our last comp had a backwoods with stoker hooked up.

I for one do not have sympathy if electricity goes out...consider it another variable like wind and cold or rain etc....

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I still think it is funny these people with these 100,000 rigs gettin beat by a guy with a home built. :)

Sorry I just think it is funny putting all that money into that...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky