Pitboss 820 Issues(hot rod or electrical)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LevelDrunk

Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
I've got a Pitboss 820 i bought from lowes a few months back, we used it a few times with great results but after the fourth or so time, the device stopped heating. I did some research and settled on the hotrod not working. Ordered a new one and swapped it out. After which, it still did not heat up. After a few seconds i could reach in and touch the rod with no change in temp. I pulled it out through the auger tube/hopper and swapped the old back and decided to fiddle with it and turn it on. The old one started to heat up, turned it off. Swapped out with the new rod, cut it on, and almost immediately the rod heated up(faster and quicker than the original). Figuring i had a bad connection i threaded it back through the tube and set everything in place and tried cutting it on again....only to have the rod not heat back up. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what may be causing this?

Sounds like the controler i would contact them you have a 5 year warranty if you bought it new

I've got a Pitboss 820 i bought from lowes a few months back, we used it a few times with great results but after the fourth or so time, the device stopped heating. I did some research and settled on the hotrod not working. Ordered a new one and swapped it out. After which, it still did not heat up. After a few seconds i could reach in and touch the rod with no change in temp. I pulled it out through the auger tube/hopper and swapped the old back and decided to fiddle with it and turn it on. The old one started to heat up, turned it off. Swapped out with the new rod, cut it on, and almost immediately the rod heated up(faster and quicker than the original). Figuring i had a bad connection i threaded it back through the tube and set everything in place and tried cutting it on again....only to have the rod not heat back up. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what may be causing this?
Do you have any power at all or is it just the ignore not heating?

It is probably a bad relay on the controller board. These are not the best quality units, believe me. Contact Pitt Boss and give them your story. They will send out a new controller. hopefully that one will continue to work for you.

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky