Pit Controller Battery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krj

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Just got my new Fireboad and fan in yesterday, gonna give it a quick chicken test tonight and then do some butts Saturday. Looking ahead, I'm trying to figure out a good way to power the fan without needing a wall socket. Anyone have any experience with a rechargeable battery setup that can run the little 20cfm fan over the course of a 24 hour cook?

Reactions: Xendau
Nice! You finally got it.
They sell a batter for $15 on their website. But I imagine any large capacity battery could work from any of the big box electronic stores.

I prefer to keep my set up plugged in at the FireBoard Control Cable. This keeps the fan running without worry, and keep the FB unit charged as well.

Pull out the extension cord... lol err on the side of caution.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky