Pit Boss Platinum Brunswick?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnab2

Original poster
May 13, 2015
Good day. I have a Pit Boss grill and looking at getting the Pit Boss Platinum Brunswick. What is every ones take on this vertical smoker? The price is right and the size seems to be good.
What are the pros and cons to this smoker? Everyone has their opinion and has their favorite. How does it compare to others?

Thanks

I don’t have one. I don’t like the dual door set up. Seems like more places for smoke to leak out and seals to go bad. Just my thought.

I like my Brunswick a lot.

Double doors are no issue re smoke loss.
Appears well built.
Double wall construction including front doors.

It's big. Holds lots of meat....bigger than I need really.

Holds too many pellets. I choose not to keep the pellet hopper anywhere near full (100#?) in damp Oregon winter.

Controller holds temp..I run it up hotter on start up then lower the temp to what I want to smoke at.

Pellet smokers tend to give less smoke flavor compared to wood burners so I am experimenting with adding a smoke tube.

Design gives lots of air flow so bitter flavor and a wet smoke chamber is not a problem.

Comes with two temp probes.

So far I have done ribs and a buttes.
My only concern will be addressed by adding smoke tube.

....and I picked mine up late last fall for under $400 when my local Walmart was closing out their grills/smokers for the year.

The Pit Boss smoker cover is also a quality item.

Happy with the purchase.....smoke loss is not an issue.

There was a minor issue with the pull out clean out tray. Heat deforms the stainless steel. If/when it gets difficult to pull out....let it cool. remove it and tap down the high spot in the steel caused by local heating of the stainless steel.....it becomes obvious when you see it....sounds more difficult/complicated than it is. Not an issue but should be stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: losmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky