Featured Piston ring?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sllowery620

Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
Good afternoon. My piston ring on my stuffer broke and I need a replacement. Lems website says it is on back order and I don’t know where I could get a replacement that would be the best fit. It’s the 5 pound stuffer from Lem ...I believe the original model

By piston ring, are you talking about the o-ring seal?
What's the diameter of your stuffer canister? I see a few out there that fit a 5-1/4" canister.

Last edited:
I have a stuffer with a solid aluminum piston sized exactly to the inside diameter of the barrel, and another with an O-ring. I would wait for the OEM piston to become available.

Just curious..... what broke?

If it’s just the O-ring I would check Napa as I’ve had luck getting the right one for different things in the past if you still have the old one.

I have a stuffer with a solid aluminum piston sized exactly to the inside diameter of the barrel, and another with an O-ring. I would wait for the OEM piston to become available.

Just curious..... what broke?
The 5 inch or so o ring. My wife took it off with a butter knife to “help” me clean it and now I need a new one

I feel honored to see you respond to my inquiry. Truly. Thank you. You have improved my sausage making more than you could even imagine. As a matter of fact......there are snack sticks in the smoker now with Some jalepeno cheddar pineapple summer sausage as well as peppered honey.

Reactions: daveomak
If you're in a pinch and need it right away you can always buy a few rolls of Teflon tape and twist it into a rope and wrap it tightly into the grove of the piston. I've done it hundreds of times to keep a piece of equipment operational until the proper O ring showed up on the job.
Jerry rig'in 101!!!
Dan:emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky