• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured Piston ring?

Sllowery620

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Good afternoon. My piston ring on my stuffer broke and I need a replacement. Lems website says it is on back order and I don’t know where I could get a replacement that would be the best fit. It’s the 5 pound stuffer from Lem ...I believe the original model

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
You're probably better off just getting a new stuffer...

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
By piston ring, are you talking about the o-ring seal?
What's the diameter of your stuffer canister? I see a few out there that fit a 5-1/4" canister.

Last edited:

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I have a stuffer with a solid aluminum piston sized exactly to the inside diameter of the barrel, and another with an O-ring. I would wait for the OEM piston to become available.

Just curious..... what broke?

WV_Crusader

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 15, 2014
If it’s just the O-ring I would check Napa as I’ve had luck getting the right one for different things in the past if you still have the old one.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
If it’s just the O-ring I would check Napa as I’ve had luck getting the right one for different things in the past if you still have the old one.
i didn't think about just the O-ring. Heck, take the piston and size the fit it right in the store.

Sllowery620

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I have a stuffer with a solid aluminum piston sized exactly to the inside diameter of the barrel, and another with an O-ring. I would wait for the OEM piston to become available.

Just curious..... what broke?
The 5 inch or so o ring. My wife took it off with a butter knife to “help” me clean it and now I need a new one

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

Sllowery620

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I feel honored to see you respond to my inquiry. Truly. Thank you. You have improved my sausage making more than you could even imagine. As a matter of fact......there are snack sticks in the smoker now with Some jalepeno cheddar pineapple summer sausage as well as peppered honey.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
If you're in a pinch and need it right away you can always buy a few rolls of Teflon tape and twist it into a rope and wrap it tightly into the grove of the piston. I've done it hundreds of times to keep a piece of equipment operational until the proper O ring showed up on the job.
Jerry rig'in 101!!!
Dan:emoji_thumbsup:

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.