• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pink slime

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
Did anyone see the story on abc about pink slime being put in 70% of all ground meat? If so what did you think?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow, I wonder if Sam's ground chuck has it in it. I really like the flavor.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Oct 20, 2010
Last edited:

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
Yea me to Al. I wonder who is the 30% they could make a killing if they just let us know?

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Doesn't surprise me, My Mother in law is a USDA inspector, She has some horrific tales about chicken. 

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
We need to put pressure on producers to stop this in it's tracks. If public pressure can get Mc donalds,Burger king and Taco bell to stop it will get suppliers to stop. They are doing it for a profit let's take it away.:yahoo::devil:

bigeyedavid

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 2, 2011
I get all my burger from a butcher so that doesnt happen.It's cheaper than buying it from a grocery store and its 93 % lean check it out. 

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 24, 2011
Another reason to eat organic: If your meat is stamped USDA Organic, it’s pure meat with no filler.

ABC News emailed the top 10 grocery chains in America. Only Publix, Costco, HEB and Whole Foods responded, saying they don’t use pink slime. No word yet from the rest.

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
Organic don't meen safe . Their is gmo feed that is not labled gmo that is fed to livestock and they can still be labeled organic. I read it on mother earth news.

solaryellow

Limited Mod
Group Lead
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have said it a few times and will say it again regardless of the repercussions. Get to know your local farmers and be prepared to pay a bit more for the sake of your health.

sprky

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 26, 2007
Why does this not surprise me. I suspect Kroger uses it in there ground beef. I can take ground beef from my butcher and from Kroger and there is a HUGE difference in both taste and texture. 

terry colwell

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 2, 2011
Buy whole muscle meat and grind your own.. And when I can,,, I'll start raising or buying private beef again.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.