Pink slime

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Jonesboro Ar
Did anyone see the story on abc about pink slime being put in 70% of all ground meat? If so what did you think?

Last edited:
We need to put pressure on producers to stop this in it's tracks. If public pressure can get Mc donalds,Burger king and Taco bell to stop it will get suppliers to stop. They are doing it for a profit let's take it away.:yahoo::devil:

I get all my burger from a butcher so that doesnt happen.It's cheaper than buying it from a grocery store and its 93 % lean check it out. 

Another reason to eat organic: If your meat is stamped USDA Organic, it’s pure meat with no filler.

ABC News emailed the top 10 grocery chains in America. Only Publix, Costco, HEB and Whole Foods responded, saying they don’t use pink slime. No word yet from the rest.

Organic don't meen safe . Their is gmo feed that is not labled gmo that is fed to livestock and they can still be labeled organic. I read it on mother earth news.

I have said it a few times and will say it again regardless of the repercussions. Get to know your local farmers and be prepared to pay a bit more for the sake of your health.

Why does this not surprise me. I suspect Kroger uses it in there ground beef. I can take ground beef from my butcher and from Kroger and there is a HUGE difference in both taste and texture. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky