pickled eggs with andouille sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Well I finished the andouillie and now some of its in the pickle jar with with the eggs. Cant wait to see how they turn out. Thanks for the recipe big-guy.........

Pickled eggs

2 cups vinegar

2 cups water

2 Tbs. salt

3 Tbs. sugar

3 tbs. crushed chili  peppers

1 ½ tsp. pickling spice

1 jar pickled Pepperoncini peppers and liquid

½ large onions coarse chopped

3 cloves garlic peeled

3 links Andouile sausage cut into chunks

2 ½ doz. Hard boiled eggs

Pack in layers in a big jar top up with liquid, let rest 1-2 weeks if you can 

64f78140_HPIM0879.1.jpg

b7704b8a_HPIM0880.1.jpg

Last edited:
They look dangerously good, the hard part is letting them rest for a week or so. LOL

stop tempting me............................................
icon_cry.gif

icon_cool.gif

Those eggs look pretty good but the wife cant have any more pickled eggs in this house. The last ones sat on the counter for I think a year or so and then she knocked it off right in the livingroom floor and it took about 3 weeks to get that smell out of our new wood flooring.

Broke into the jar about 15 min ago..... ate an egg and a piece of andouillie...... a definate repeat recipe. Awsome big-guy. Thanks........ Been trying the batch of andouillie I made for the pickled egg recipe on the folks at work and all I have heard is thats some dang good sausage. Might want to give it a try......

icon_cool.gif

Those eggs look pretty good but the wife cant have any more pickled eggs in this house. The last ones sat on the counter for I think a year or so and then she knocked it off right in the livingroom floor and it took about 3 weeks to get that smell out of our new wood flooring.
How long after that before she let you back in, that is the question???
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky