Pickled Anaheim peppers with a kick.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
My friend Robert tx smoker tx smoker supplied me with some Anaheim and serrano peppers. And I knew these were going to be either stuffed, roasted, or pickled. Pickle won out!
The brine was 50/50 water and white vinegar brought to a boil.
In a gallon mason jar:
1 tsp pickle crisp
2 tbs dried minced onion
2 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs dried dill
1 tsp dill seed.
Packed with Anaheims and 6 or so serranos.
Pour in the brine to 1/2" from top with the hot brine. And vacuum seal if you have the attachment.

P8081133.jpg

WOW STEVE!! Those are gonna be fantastic I bet. You now have me thinking I may need to make another run to the store and get more of the Anaheims. I've done a lot of them stuffed and grilled but never pickled. I know that under vacuum they will be ready pretty quick. Please keep us posted on how they turn out. You have my curiosity piqued for sure.

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Nice.

Can't wait for the first habeneros to start ripening.Will definitely being jarring a few.

WOW STEVE!! Those are gonna be fantastic I bet. You now have me thinking I may need to make another run to the store and get more of the Anaheims. I've done a lot of them stuffed and grilled but never pickled. I know that under vacuum they will be ready pretty quick. Please keep us posted on how they turn out. You have my curiosity piqued for sure.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I'll let you know!

Haven't done Habs pickled. Interesting. Wonder how much heat they retain.

You have few. Give it a shot and see what happens. Any heat that the peppers might lose would remain in the brine so I doubt you'd really lose any but I bet the flavor of the peppers would really intensify.

Hmmmm....
Robert

You have few. Give it a shot and see what happens. Any heat that the peppers might lose would remain in the brine so I doubt you'd really lose any but I bet the flavor of the peppers would really intensify.

Hmmmm....
Robert
I guess I do! I'm out of vinegar though. I'll pickle some tomorrow. I bet the brine from it would be pretty good as well.

Looks good Steve! I'm betting they would burn, twice...on entry and exit!

Ryan
I'm thinking they'll hurt alright! I have never ate a hab by itself. Might be an experience that'll be burned into memory. As you said, twice!

And moment of truth.

DSCN4419.jpg

The Anaheim peppers took on the heat quite like a seeded pickled jalapeno. Still firm and crunchy. Like!
Now, lets talk about those serrano peppers. Since I liked the Anaheim so much. I just took a whole serrano. And popped it in my mouth thinking it'll be milder due to the brine. Um, that's big NO!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky