First dilly beans of the season.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Stopped at a farmers market and saw they had some nice fresh green beans. Yup, I'm in!

IMG_20230520_114452959.jpg

Made 3 quarts.
Each jar had:
2 tsp dill seed.
1 TBS garlic flakes
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp minced dried onion
1/2 tsp course ground pepper
some fresh dill

The brine was 50/50 filtered water and white vinegar.
Vacuum sealed. Will munch in a week or so.

They look great.
My son just got started into canning.
He's canned brisket and pork shoulders so far.
I'm more of a vacuum seal and freeze guy.

They look good Steve

Point for sure
Chris

They look great.
My son just got started into canning.
He's canned brisket and pork shoulders so far.
I'm more of a vacuum seal and freeze guy.
Thank you! Haven't tried doing meats yet. I don't have the proper equipment for that.

They look good Steve

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Hopefully this batch will be better than the last one I did. They were bland.

Looking good Steve. The Farmer's Markets just opened up this week here in TN. Might have to try your recipe. First order of business is canning some dill pickles!

Excellent stuff right there Steve. I'm kinda back in the pickling mode too. Put down a few quarts of SmokinAl SmokinAl pickles yesterday. Tracy picked up some fresh green beans this morning, and I'm going to do some more spicy cauliflower using your brine I stole from you a few years ago :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looking good Steve. The Farmer's Markets just opened up this week here in TN. Might have to try your recipe. First order of business is canning some dill pickles!
Thanks Dave! I'm waiting for some decent cukes to do some more fermented pickles.

They're looking good Steve
Thanks Jim!

Excellent stuff right there Steve. I'm kinda back in the pickling mode too. Put down a few quarts of SmokinAl SmokinAl pickles yesterday. Tracy picked up some fresh green beans this morning, and I'm going to do some more spicy cauliflower using your brine I stole from you a few years ago :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert! I still have a couple quarts of cauliflower left. That brine does a good job with that. ;)

Lookin good! Have you ever tried frying them dilly beans? We got a local pizza joint that serves fried green beans. They are good dipped in ranch. I bet if you fried up your dilly beans they would be next level. I might have to give it a try when time permits.

Lookin good! Have you ever tried frying them dilly beans? We got a local pizza joint that serves fried green beans. They are good dipped in ranch. I bet if you fried up your dilly beans they would be next level. I might have to give it a try when time permits.
Thanks! No. Never deep fried them. This really got me interested.

You can do this! Google green bean fries that should get you headed in the right direction.
I only see one recipe for fried dilly beans. Very blasé post. I like deep fried beans. I'll give it a try with the way I've done deep fried pickle chips. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: smokin peachey
I only see one recipe for fried dilly beans. Very blasé post. I like deep fried beans. I'll give it a try with the way I've done deep fried pickle chips. Thanks for the idea!
I see a green bean fries recipe that mentioned bread crumbs and egg/flour dip n fry. I look forward to your creation. 🤔 if only there was a way to fill the bean with cheese and wrap it in bacon.

Stopped at a farmers market and saw they had some nice fresh green beans. Yup, I'm in!

View attachment 665865

Made 3 quarts.
Each jar had:
2 tsp dill seed.
1 TBS garlic flakes
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp minced dried onion
1/2 tsp course ground pepper
some fresh dill

The brine was 50/50 filtered water and white vinegar.
Vacuum sealed. Will munch in a week or so.
Look great Steve! Have your tried a fermented version? I did them last year and people loved them.

Dilly dilly! Looks great. May give it a go myself. Thanks for recipe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky