Phoenix F.N.G. Here...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdietrich

Original poster
F.N.G.  (Frigg'n New Guy)

Been think'n 'bout smoking meat for a LONG time, & finally pulled the plug.  

Just got me a MES 30" last week, along with a Maverick-7 for monitoring, along with other toys!!  Admittingly, I am impress with the MES 30".  For the price, I think I made a good purchase (Many thanks to all ur comments about it!!).  

As I type, I am currently doing my first seasoning.  Tomorrow I am cleared to smoke!!!!  

I admit I went overboard today planning my smoke!  5lbs of chicken which is currently brining, 2 large pork tenderloins currently marinating, 3 andoullie snausages, bag of baby potatoes/onions/garlic, & doubtfully due to room a tray of sweetened cashews!  When I screw things up I do it Royally!!!  

Wish me smoke!!!!!!  

JD

Hey FNG,

Welcome to SMF.

Sounds like you'll have a ful 30" .

Show us the evidence!!!

JD welcome to SMF from Cali. If you havent done so sign up for the free 5 day ecourse. Lots of great information in there for newbies.

It's 5 am & just turned the baby on!  

Already finished the 5 day course!  It definitely helped de-mistify the process of smoking... Make sure you cook to internal temp, & what how you prepare is up to you!  Or in my case, how much I can screw it up!!!

Giggity Giggity!!

welcome and enjoy the smoking weather we are about to enbark on.............

Hi JD, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome JD to SMF. You'll like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Just remember  The best thing about our addiction is you get to eat the evidence

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

The Smoke was more of a success than a failure!  Only challenge I faced was all the stores I visited/re-visited for the meat & supplies for my first!!  The other challenge was the proper containers... I need to send a T.U. letter off to zip lock, especially for the room it saved me in the fridge!!  

Smoked WAY 2 much in her as she was packed tight!  Today I gave about 1/2 of the meat away as it was way 2 much!!!!  

Heck, I even smoked hard boiled eggs.  The smoked cashews were my success, along w/ the Andoullie sausage... YUM!!!!  The chicken good, but a little 2 salty 4 me after a 12 hour brine.  The pork tenderloin good, but 2 lean of a meat for a great smoke.  The potatoes under cooked, the onions/garlic could have done another round till they melt in ur mouth!!!!!!  

Know pictures are golden, but I started @ 4:30am & wasn't think'n right!  

HELP... All I can taste is SMOKE!!!!!!!  Now it's time to plan the party!!!!

Glad to see another excited smoker join the SMF. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF,

This a great site your going to love this place. Great people with great info. Don't forget the q-view. Enjoy and Happy Smokin'  

I'm a newbie to the forum, and a newbie to smoking, too, JD, and looking forward to all the assistance I can glean from the fine folks here.

Brinkman Vertical Smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky