Peruvian Food...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
Went to a Peruvian resturant last night for dinner - we don't go out of the food comfort zone too often but let me tell you - this stuff ROCKED!! I need to get some recipies. After tasting the pork stew I needed a private moment it was so good. And yes - I took plenty of pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Appetizers
Jalea Mixta

TAMALITOS VERDES-- CHICKEN TAMALES SERVED WITH SALSA CRIOLLA (MARINATED RED ONIONS IN LEMON JUICE) AND CANCHA (TOASTED PERUVIAN CORN)

Dinner...
Escabeche de Pollo

Brochetas Mixtas

PESCADO MEUNIERE--A LEMON BUTTER SAUCE OVER A FILLET OF TILLAPIA

Adobo de Cerdo con Pure de Pallares

Dessert...
PICARONES - A Peruvian style donut with a light sweet syrup molasses based. The donut is made from squash, sweet potato and some Anis seeds.

Tres Leches

Arroz con Leche

Suspiro a la limena

If you have a chance, don't pass up on trying this food.

Just need to wait until they're on sale at the local pet shop
yahoo.gif

We have a few really nice Peruvian places here in Atlanta.  Great seafood dishes.

Craig

It really looks great Elly. When we lived in Ft. Lauderdale you could find every ethnic restaurant you could think of. If you get a chance try a Brazilian restaurant. Now in Sebring about all there is is BBQ & Burgers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky