Perfect Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xtexan

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Columbus,OH
WOW!!!

After throwing about $150 worth of meat into the trash (too smokey) I finally smoked a GREAT brisket. I owe it all to this web site and the helpful memebers. I modified my New Braunfels smoker and followed some other techniques/ recipes and BAM, I nailed it!

Thanks again!!!!

-Will

Pictures!!!!!! Where are the pictures?!

Trial and error is a wonderful thing (albeit, expensive at times)! Congrat's on your success! Being consistant on your next one will be the true test. I'm sure you'll nail it!

Jeff

XTexan, NEVER throw meat in the trash! Make your family eat it, then the next one will taste even better! Just a joke, good job! Nothing better than hitting the right spot, eh?!

Since I made what we like, we have had it every week(except during wheat planting and corn/milo harvest). We love it! My 8yr old girl says she is "sick and tired" of brisket, but she still eats it. That is what brings a smile to your face.

Now you gotta master chicken, turkey, fatties, abt's, ribs, pulled pork, sausage...etc.

Merry Christmas

I told my wife (who is not a big brisket fan, but loved this none) that I should have taken pics. This brisket was a thing of beauty, perfect smoke ring and all.

Thanks Big Al, I used your advice on temps and putting in the foil pan and it was perfect!

Merry Christmas to all!

Congrats XTexan. I have been nailing it too since I have joined this site. The brisket though is next and I am expecting great success because of what I am learning from these good folks. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky