Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatiee4

Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Hi! How are you, guys? Is everything ok? After beautiful sunny summer there are left many peppers that I have grown. I had seeds from https://gardenseedsmarket.com/peppe...-yellow-variety-that-turns-red-when-ripe.html and I didn't think that there will be something from them. Previous year I have grown the same peppers from other shop and the harvest was about half smaller. I am happy that it turned out better but do you have any ideas what can I do with them? Maybe any sauces, soups? Everything will be helpful!

Sorry, I'm not very helpful.

Fleshy chilies take a long time to dehydrate. Unless especially flavorful, I don't dehydrate my own and usually purchase from a local organic market.
They blanch and freeze well. The texture is best in soups and chili. I like them, but my wife doesn't so I don't freeze.

My family likes this Dish. You can make a larger batch of the Cooked and Reduced Pepper Puree, then freeze in 1/2 Cup portions for this or other dishes ...JJ

Pasta w/ Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo

6ea Roasted and Peeled Red Peppers
3ea Cloves of Garlic
1/2tsp Dry Oregano
3 TBS Olive Oil
2C Milk
2C Heavy Cream
1/2C Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, grated
S & P to taste
1 Pound Pasta of choice, nothing thin.
Optional: 1 lb Cooked Chicken, or 1lb 21/25 Peeled Shrimp or 1lb Crab Meat
Optional: Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste.

Puree the Peppers and Garlic.
Heat the Oil in a pan over Medium Heat.
Add the Puree, Oregano and Red Pepper Flakes, if using.
Simmer, lowering heat as it thickens, until the Pepper Puree is tender, no longer grainy and reduced to a thickness similar to Tomato Paste. Stir frequently and don't let it burn.
Add the Milk and Cream.
Simmer until reduced by half.
Stir in the Cheese and Meat, if using.
Cook 1 minute if Cheese only, 2 to 3 minutes to Heat/Cook Meat.
Pour over Cooked Pasta of choice and serve.
Makes about 3 Cups of Sauce, plus meat.

Take a look at this Great Recipe from atomicsmoke atomicsmoke ...JJ

Hi! How are you, guys? Is everything ok? After beautiful sunny summer there are left many peppers that I have grown. I had seeds from https://gardenseedsmarket.com/peppe...-yellow-variety-that-turns-red-when-ripe.html and I didn't think that there will be something from them. Previous year I have grown the same peppers from other shop and the harvest was about half smaller. I am happy that it turned out better but do you have any ideas what can I do with them? Maybe any sauces, soups? Everything will be helpful!
Roast/grill, peel and freeze. Or ferment them in jars.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky