Pelletheads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goldmine1965

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Iowa
Anyone here know anything about the pelletheads.com forum? I registered 16 days ago and still have not been approved. If I try to log in, I just get a message that I have not been approved yet. I have not received any emails or anything. Just silence. I did look in my spam folder too. Nothing there from this site. Site does not list any contact info for the administrator.

Goldmine

same here. I tried that email address, no go. Also tried pellethead@, pelletheads@, admin@, reigstration@ - no go. I also donated $1 by PayPal and added a note, requesting approval - no go.

Lastly, I did a lookup on the pelletheads domain for contact info, but they use a domain by proxy registration, so I'll give the hidden registration address a try. I'll let you know if it works - [email protected]

I'm in a similar situation. I've been waiting 14 days now. I'll trying sending an email to that address!

Its up and running just fine.  Not sure what the issue is.  I'll post a link to this thread and hopefully they can help.

I tried joining 9 days ago and got the "request received" email, but never an approval.

Guys, I am a long-time moderator at Pelletheads (same username there).  I apologize for the delay with registrations, and I'll try to get the backlog addressed ASAP.

Reactions: mccabegc
Here is the reply from one of the admins.

"Guys, I don't know how to put this as I have been ask to keep it private.  Larry does all the approval.  I have had a few folks contact me and I have got them in.  It has become an overwhelming job, as there are 240+ waiting to be approved.  They have to be checked, and that takes time...see 1st sentence.

If someone knows someone who is waiting, tell them to send me an email [email protected] and I will try my best!  Make sure the include the email they signed up with and the username."

"They have to be checked"? what the heck are they checking for? I've joined hundreds of forums over the years and never had to do a background check. Sorry dude, but your forum is not that important to me. I'll go elsewhere.

I'm one of the moderators at Pelletheads (same user name over there).  New account requests are manually approved because spam accounts try to join Pelletheads every day, and to protect the forum, we try to ensure everyone who signs up is real and legitimate.  Telling you what we check would defeat the purpose.  It's normally only a day or two before new accounts are approved.  This is an unusual situation right now, and I can't say any more than that.  Hope it doesn't discourage you from participating once we get things straightened out.

Last edited:
Reactions: schmit

I'm one of the moderators at Pelletheads (same user name over there).  New account requests are manually approved because spam accounts try to join Pelletheads every day, and to protect the forum, we try to ensure everyone who signs up is real and legitimate.  Telling you what we check would defeat the purpose.  It's normally only a day or two before new accounts are approved.  This is an unusual situation right now, and I can't say any more than that.  Hope it doesn't discourage you from participating once we get things straightened out.
Thanks for joining just to chime in.. appreciate it.

There is another forum out there and you don't have to wait over 2 weeks to join. If only one guy is doing the approvals and he is already 240+ people behind, he will never get caught up. There is not enough hours in the day.

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/

There is another forum out there and you don't have to wait over 2 weeks to join. If only one guy is doing the approvals and he is already 240+ people behind, he will never get caught up. There is not enough hours in the day.

As I said already, you don't normally have to wait long at Pelletheads.  The site owner does the approvals, and pays for everything out of his own pocket.  There are no sponsors or ads on the site.  It generates no revenue..  It is a labor of love.  All I can ask is that you have a little patience and sensitivity for what kinds of unforeseen life circumstances might be affecting things.  If we could do anything about it, we would.

Please take advantage of the invitation from Bentley to email him directly ([email protected]) and he will do what he can for now.  I get your frustration, but we've been around for almost ten years, and this is a unique occurrence, so please hang in there while things work themselves out.  And if another forum turns out to be a better home for you, that's understandable.  We're not territorial--we're all about keeping it positive and spreading the love of great pellet-smoked BBQ.

Reactions: mccabegc
1/4 the users, and a forum policy of 'Feel free to discuss everything about any pellet related product, just not where to buy it." - I'll pass. Thanks though.

Cool, thanks for the help goldmine. I didn't care that it's a commercial site with a user policy stating you can't share where to purchase items. But o'well, I get it. If I had a marketing site for my products, I'd do the same..

As I said already, you don't normally have to wait long at Pelletheads.  The site owner does the approvals, and pays for everything out of his own pocket.  There are no sponsors or ads on the site.  It generates no revenue..  It is a labor of love.  All I can ask is that you have a little patience and sensitivity for what kinds of unforeseen life circumstances might be affecting things.  If we could do anything about it, we would.

Please take advantage of the invitation from Bentley to email him directly ([email protected]) and he will do what he can for now.  I get your frustration, but we've been around for almost ten years, and this is a unique occurrence, so please hang in there while things work themselves out.  And if another forum turns out to be a better home for you, that's understandable.  We're not territorial--we're all about keeping it positive and spreading the love of great pellet-smoked BBQ.
Toddler, thanks again. Nothing yet from Bentley, hopefully he can get to it today..

1/4 the users, and a forum policy of 'Feel free to discuss everything about any pellet related product, just not where to buy it." - I'll pass. Thanks though.

Cool, thanks for the help goldmine. I didn't care that it's a commercial site with a user policy stating you can't share where to purchase items. But o'well, I get it. If I had a marketing site for my products, I'd do the same..

Toddler, thanks again. Nothing yet from Bentley, hopefully he can get to it today..
Yeah, I hear you. I don't know how long I will keep up with that pelletsmoking.com forum. I don't have the permission to start a thread or reply to one. Kind of defeats the purpose of joining a forum. If I don't hear anything from pelletheads, then at least I have this one.

Yeah, I hear you. I don't know how long I will keep up with that pelletsmoking.com forum. I don't have the permission to start a thread or reply to one. Kind of defeats the purpose of joining a forum. If I don't hear anything from pelletheads, then at least I have this one.
hey toddler, my login was already working, but the password isn't working now. The lost password link doesn't send me an email either. Thanks
Disregard. Got it working through communications with you in email. Thanks!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky