Pecan Smoked Pork Tenderloin w/ Pina Colata Grilled Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Wasn't sure if it would be pork or seafood ...... so what the heck.

Pork tenderloin was on sale last weekend and I do like it. Made a green chili stew, added it to a gumbo that was already loaded with homemade Andouille, and this was the second piece. It really was the prettiest strips of tenderloin I have seen in a while.

So I folded under the tip and trusted the loin. The point is to try and get all the meat the same thickness so it cooks the same. Opps.... that's yesterday's gumbo, cold weather and gumbo just go together.

Moving right along. Tied up all pretty and at even thickness. Salt, pepper, garlic, brown sugar, which was perfect because it even started building a bark on a short smoke. And it was good.

Fired up the smoker 275 degrees, vent closed, loaded the Amazin auxiliary smoke generator with pecan. Box came up to temp, Amazin sat around and built up a good smoke, added to the smoker, opened the vent, added the "Probed" tenderloin. Laid a fire in the pit to cook the shrimp.

Here's the tenderloins end result, smoker at 200 degrees till the meat achieved a 146 IT, foiled and allowed to rest only 10 mins. Hey, I am only human!

I marinated the fresh shrimp in pineapple, rum and coconut milk. Then skewered for the pit. I mixed a butter, coconut extract, pineapple extract, rum extract to baste while grilling. Just a few mins on each side.

Somehow the Bear shoot I planned to take in the good china got missed. I would swear I took it but its no where I can find it. And by that time, there was nothing for the bear shot retake. But it was with grilled fresh asparagus w/hollandaise, small steamed potatoes, and a crispy salad. Just imagine it all there on the good china. LOL 

I think I am going to start recommending to beginning smokers, after chicken try a pork tenderloin, easy, juicy and delicious.

Even without the bear view on pretty china, that is a fantastic looking bunch of food. I especially admire your great job on trussing the tenderloin, and perfectly cooked slightly pink interior!

I'm sorry not to see a picture of your asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Was this meal for a special occasion? I hope whoever you shared it with was impressed as I am!!

Have a great evening, Kevin! Thanks for sharing!
Clarissa

Even without the bear view on pretty china, that is a fantastic looking bunch of food. I especially admire your great job on trussing the tenderloin, and perfectly cooked slightly pink interior!

I'm sorry not to see a picture of your asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Was this meal for a special occasion? I hope whoever you shared it with was impressed as I am!!

Have a great evening, Kevin! Thanks for sharing!
Clarissa
Well I hate to start with pictures and not finish, It was mighty tastee, butt it was nothing special. I did like how a bark was already forming with the brown sugar. When that encapsulates the pork it just holds all those juices in. I keep a freezer full of shrimp. usually I get 100 to 200 lbs a year and just head 'em and freeze 'em. Its great till a freezer goes out or a hurricane gets the electricity  .......LOL

Trussing, automatic hand mechanics, repetition.

Thanks for looking M'Lady.

The inside even suited Pop who doesn't like anything red but beef, old school.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky