Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made a batch last night , first time . Real good ,, thanks again for another new interest !

Thanks Rich---Sorry I missed this until just now!

Bear

I just wanted to say that I have been making these for family functions since I first found this and they are usually inhaled within minutes.

I have also been breaking them into smaller pieces, then mixing them into some fresh made ice cream and caramel sauce. My wife calls it the "most evil ice cream ever" as she can barely restrain herself from eating the whole batch.

Thank You Backyard!!!
Glad you like these!
That Ice Cream sounds Fantastic!!

Bear

I might just microwave everything, leave it in the bowl, and eat it from there.

LOL---That would be good, I know because I get to clean the bowl & utensils every time.
A bit rich for eating any amount though.

Bear

I've decided that you all have to try these in normal cupcake size paper liners. None of that mini liner stuff.

LOL---Sounds Great, but that wouldn't work for me.
The only reason I can eat these things a couple times a year is because through portion control I can make a batch last "Weeks". If I made them bigger, that would blow my whole plan.
20 years ago, I'd have been right with you on the bigger size!

Bear

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Made a batch of these this weekend. Can't find the medallions around here, but chips work just as well. They were a real hit with my lovely gal and her boys. Simple as ever recipe, but I highly recommend using the pastry deal instead of the ziplock. The ziplock was pretty hard to work with, along with rather hot! Enjoyed them, and have a bunch in the freezer now for future enjoyment! Thanks Bear!

Made a batch of these this weekend. Can't find the medallions around here, but chips work just as well. They were a real hit with my lovely gal and her boys. Simple as ever recipe, but I highly recommend using the pastry deal instead of the ziplock. The ziplock was pretty hard to work with, along with rather hot! Enjoyed them, and have a bunch in the freezer now for future enjoyment! Thanks Bear!

That's Great!!
Glad you like it!!
Mrs Bear uses a candy funnel with a triggered stopper.
It really works Great, and it was very cheap.

Here's one:
https://cakeart.com/Easy-Pour-Candy...MIv5-3_NrH3AIVFQOGCh3ujgXHEAYYBiABEgLn8fD_BwE

Bear

Wishing I didn't come across this recipe. Just had 2 big boys after dinner. Good for the soul. Not good for my diet.

LOL---That's why I make them small.
When I was your age, I could eat these by the handful, but now I have to make them small & limit myself to a low number of consumption.
That's what I meant by "Ah, To be 30 again".:D

Bear

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Sorry I'm late Bumping this up for the Christmas Holidays, but there's still some time to make some.
Mrs Bear just made these yesterday.

Bear

This time she didn't pour them into paper liners----She poured them into her new Silicon candy molds:
IMG_2983.jpg

Those look like a nice little treat. Nieces and nephews would certainly like them, along with others:oops:.
Mrs. Bear dressed them up nicely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky